Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A 911, finally, now how do I clean it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 10:05 AM
D1coach
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 50 Posts

My 2005 does not have the full leather option - does that mean that my seats are entirely leather and the rest of the interior vinyl, or are the seats only partially leather as well? Is the leather "finished" or unfinished ? From what I am reading the unfinished leather requires conditioner while the finished or coated would call for something like 303.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Petroguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about what parts of your car are leather but I think you would call all of it finished, right? I might not be clear on the term though.

I wouldn't hesitate to use 303 on all interior materials in your car minus electronics, glass and gauge plastic. Don't get me wrong, it is still a good idea to condition any known leather, but for keeping it clean 303 rocks. I don't use it on the seat as it makes them slick though.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:18 PM
D1coach
Racer

Thanks, I am ordering some 303 right now. The 303 company website explains that finished or vinyl coated leather is what is in the majority of American and Japanese vehicles, while many of the European manufacturers use the better unfinished/ uncoated leather. The only importance of the difference is that 303 is intended for finished leather but not recommended for unfinished according to them. They recommend placing a drop of water on the leather to see whether it absorbs quickly (unfinished) or not, which I have done but still not 100% sure. Part of the seat absorbed quickly while the bolster did not.
http://303products.com/index.php/pro...motive-leather
Old 11-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Petroguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D1coach
Thanks, I am ordering some 303 right now. The 303 company website explains that finished or vinyl coated leather is what is in the majority of American and Japanese vehicles, while many of the European manufacturers use the better unfinished/ uncoated leather. The only importance of the difference is that 303 is intended for finished leather but not recommended for unfinished according to them. They recommend placing a drop of water on the leather to see whether it absorbs quickly (unfinished) or not, which I have done but still not 100% sure. Part of the seat absorbed quickly while the bolster did not.
Wow, I didn't know that. Good to know. Best of luck with it and let us know how it works out.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:33 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by D1coach

That is correct. 303 can be applied to coated leather, but not uncoated/anilin-dyed leather, which PAG calls Natural Leather.

Most Porsches are delivered with coated leather. 303 Aerospace can indeed be used on standard coated leather. It's best to apply it with a moist rag. Again a little goes a long way.

I have Natural Leather and I condition it with Sonus. Sonus can be used in both coated and uncoated leather. I only use it once or at most twice a year and very sparingly. Leather conditioning should not be overdone.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:26 PM
D1coach
Racer

Thanks much, I will give it a try
Old 11-02-2012, 05:58 PM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 150 Likes on 123 Posts

+ 1 on LEATHERIQUE

Quick Reply: A 911, finally, now how do I clean it?