Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does a dealer do with a new car before delivering it to the buyer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:01 AM
ep3_lol
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can afford to buy a new Porsche, why not order from another dealer and fly out to it to take delivery? You don't have to keep putting up with sub-par service. You'd get it broken in faster too
Old 10-24-2012, 11:55 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
In many cases, I've asked the dealer to leave the car covered, handle fluids and handover on the electronics, check everything, but leave it alone cosmetically.

I promised 10's on the survey. Results? Absolutely flawless paint.

There is no way I ever have anyone 'wash' the car. Ever. If you like swirls, go ahead.

Otherwise, if local, do it like this if you have the courage, and spend a weekend cleaning and detailing your new baby.
good advice for avoiding swirls, but at some point we all need to wash the car (or have it washed) - how to avoid them then???
Old 10-24-2012, 01:00 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
good advice for avoiding swirls, but at some point we all need to wash the car (or have it washed) - how to avoid them then???
Wash it yourself with a foam cannon, a good mitt, then rinse. Or two bucket method for those who live in high rises that don't have access to a hose. There are self serve car wash places that have pressure washers. The most important thing is to make sure that you rinse the mitt whenever you wipe down a section.

Quick Reply: What does a dealer do with a new car before delivering it to the buyer?