Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DME report - opinions please?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:29 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Hmmm... that's an interesting theory and may explain why my p-dealer was fine with CPO'ing my car with a 1 in the higher ranges. Perhaps they had rev'd the ECU and were fine with it. Also validates what FVD has been claiming which is that their ECU remap would not change any revision counters as my count is still 1 after the FDV flash. But why wouldn't the french p-dealer just state this to the Cayman owner in France?
Old 10-15-2012, 10:57 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Michaels
For anyone with the time and interest, here is the thread that I referred to in Post #10 above. Cayman Driver's car had 567 ignitions in Range 1, and 1 ignition in each of Ranges 2 through 5. The dealer would not approve his lease return because of those single ignitions.

http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-b...e-readout.html
All the owner had to do was to contact a lawyer, and have him send a letter sent to the dealer with a copy to PCNA. I've read some preposterous actions taken by dealers over the years, but none is more bizzare than this one. I would like for someone at the dealership to explain how it is mathematicaly possible to have one ignition in any of the ranges.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:04 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
All the owner had to do was to contact a lawyer, and have him send a letter sent to the dealer with a copy to PCNA. I've read some preposterous actions taken by dealers over the years, but none is more bizzare than this one. I would like for someone at the dealership to explain how it is mathematicaly possible to have one ignition in any of the ranges.
The owner with the problem is in France - PCNA won't help him.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:30 PM
heyhobingo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

two things...

If this previous owner was such a 'sunday driver' why get the chaps at FVD to remap??

we can all offer suggestions, engineering explanations, what if's and but's, who or what could be at fault.....(thats what makes this forum awesome! before i purchased my GT3, i looked at a beautiful 997 CS, at the time it was perfect, the spec i wanted, the colour, mileage, alloy wheel choice, interior, factory extras.....etc etc...however it had over revs in ranges 3-5, and no over revs in range 6.....after days, and hundreds of posts (on planet 9, as i was hopping from a Cayman to a 997) 90% of all folks said just walk away, why spend money on a 'dream' to have it turn into an nightmare, take the emotion out of your purchase and think realistically.... do you wanna be arguing later on about something you were warned about (please dont take that the wrong way) im sure something else will come along, which will fit what you want....without potential future engine issues!

good luck buddy!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:44 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

OP, is this a p-dealer purchase? If so then the make sure they have zero issue with the over rev's and have them email you with the DME report as proof of the car's state before purchase... or walk away and find another car w/o any ?'s associated with it. When you sell it years from now it will be a question you may have to address properly to another potential buyer. Document, document...

Quick Reply: DME report - opinions please?