Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife's Audi was keyed at the kid's pumpkin patch.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had a chance to travel and spend time in just about every State in the Union so I have a little experience as to cost of living and life style in most regions of the US. Although, I completely agree with the Datura beliefs I surely wouldn't want to live in Texas either mainly because it doesn't suit my preferred topography. Florida is a great place to visit in the winter but the current state of the economy and the housing crisis sort of shied me away from moving there. California is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited but of the people living there spoil it for me. In fact, the California transients flooding the Nashville area sort of spoil it for a lot of people here according to some of the people I talk to at the local Starbucks. They bring their Politics and Liberal views which the conservative folks in this State don't obviously appreciate. No biggy....the majority rules and we'll eventually convert them.

It is interesting how so many Californians move to Tennesse to take advantage of the low taxes. I suspect California will soon come up with a tax on anyone moving away while still collecting a pension from the State of California.

Originally Posted by drummin4fun
Thanks Tom...

I had the chance to move to Texas about 4 years ago with the company, but that was Midland/Odessa. No Effin' Way!

I am indeed enjoying the Carrera! And, I already have one foot on the 'slippery slope', and the other on a banana peel! lol

Old 10-16-2012, 11:59 AM
zanwar
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you pick up the car from the paint shop, take someone with you. It's always helpful to have another pair of eyes check the quality of the work.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Datura,

Don't pay much attention to these physically and mentally weak pacifists. (You know who you are.) I try to ignore them and not' take their bate to discuss politics anymore. Funny thing is that they never complain about anyone that agrees with their far left political views but once they see someone that opposes their ideas they pounce on them. Inevitably what happens is that you'll upset one of them with reality and they'll pass it off as stupid, racist, uneducated, xenophobic and extreme. (Liberal buzz words) I've seen them chase away a few people in the last year which is pathetic. So unfortunately, you're better off if you ignore the trolls and keep your political views to yourself.

Originally Posted by Datura
http://www.cnbc.com/id/37642856

Re: Audi keyed, vandalized.
Personally, I would not waste my time directing anger toward anyone since, as you point out, the source of the damage will probably never be discovered, especially if it occurred in any of our nanny states. You have no control over that flaccid, lackadaisical law-enforcement attitude.
But what he could control, since Texas was mentioned, is that he joins the tens of thousands of top-earners and corporate owners who have migrated to Texas in the last few years for better living conditions, better jobs and better law enforcement. Plus we “nut jobs” have no state income tax. If you work hard and earn it, we believe that you should keep most of it, not give it away to the illegals next door. That is a nutty concept to some of you I am sure!
Do crimes occur here? Yes, they do. But we don’t sit around handing out jars of *aseline advocating that the sheep bend over and enjoy it. We don’t advocate that the victim should just accept it. We also give responsible citizens the right to carry a concealed handgun. Amazing how the carjacking, home invasions and other crimes have decreased.
So for you sheep, please, stay right where you are. But send your more intelligent neighbors on down our way.
Welcome to Texas, ya’ll.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Kingsfan_209
Cruisin'

It's getting cold, i'm glad i've grown this fluffy wool coat to keep me warm.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Datura
You make a good argument for promoting more of a return to personal responsibility and individual initiative.
People who think it smart to depend on government have become subjects of that government.

Good Lord willing I'll always be a citizen.
Nothing wrong with America that can't be solved by getting rid of most of your fellow Americans.
Can I get an Amen , brother ?
Old 10-16-2012, 03:05 PM
drummin4fun
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Graygoose997
Nothing wrong with America that can't be solved by getting rid of most of your fellow Americans.
Can I get an Amen , brother ?
Ok... so now we're talking genocide?
Believe me... even if you got the population down to four others and you, I guarantee that one of the group would be an a-hole. It's simple human nature. (And, if you looked around and didn't see that one person, it might be time to find a mirror! lol)

Wow... has this thread de-evolved or what??

Old 10-16-2012, 05:56 PM
fastm3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drummin4fun
Ok... so now we're talking genocide?
Believe me... even if you got the population down to four others and you, I guarantee that one of the group would be an a-hole. It's simple human nature. (And, if you looked around and didn't see that one person, it might be time to find a mirror! lol)

Wow... has this thread de-evolved or what??

It sure has, but didn't the downward spiral start by someone blaming Obama for some kid keying a car??

Guys, this sh*t (keying) happens everywhere in the world, under every administration, and in every state. We come here to talk about Porsches, and to escape all the crap going on around us, especially in an election year. At this point in time I think it's a safe bet that we all know who we're going to vote for. Let's not try to "convert" anyone, and keep the political innuendo out of our discussion of Porsches.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:53 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

so you're saying I should check out Nashville, ay??? it's okay, my politics are not like typical SF people

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
I've had a chance to travel and spend time in just about every State in the Union so I have a little experience as to cost of living and life style in most regions of the US. Although, I completely agree with the Datura beliefs I surely wouldn't want to live in Texas either mainly because it doesn't suit my preferred topography. Florida is a great place to visit in the winter but the current state of the economy and the housing crisis sort of shied me away from moving there. California is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited but of the people living there spoil it for me. In fact, the California transients flooding the Nashville area sort of spoil it for a lot of people here according to some of the people I talk to at the local Starbucks. They bring their Politics and Liberal views which the conservative folks in this State don't obviously appreciate. No biggy....the majority rules and we'll eventually convert them.

It is interesting how so many Californians move to Tennesse to take advantage of the low taxes. I suspect California will soon come up with a tax on anyone moving away while still collecting a pension from the State of California.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:10 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

Moved here a year ago August from Washington State...so far so good. Humidity is different so that took some getting used to.

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
so you're saying I should check out Nashville, ay??? it's okay, my politics are not like typical SF people
Old 10-17-2012, 06:48 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 471 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin'
Ok guys, I got an estimate if $1200 today from the hop recommended by the Audi dealer. They said they'd need to paint the door and blend into the rear quarter panel. My deductible is $500 and although it sux, it must be fixed for my own peace of mind.

This thread is starting to go off the rails. It was probably a kid and if not then it was someone who has much bigger problems than I do. That doesn't mean I woul have stop by and watched but having not been there, it's pointless to rant on about the fall if humanity and government shortcomings.

Thanks for the helpful posts guys.
Be very careful about going to shops the dealer recommends....they are rarely the best places to take the car!

Good Luck!

Tom
Old 10-17-2012, 07:40 AM
buddy911t
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't let the shop make you think this is a big deal. Being a new car, all this talk of blending and going into other panels for this amount of damage sounds like someone trying to justify an inflated estimate. Get another opinion. Ask your friends who they use. There are small independents that do superior work and won't try to screw you. Go to a shop people rave about, they're out there. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Wife's Audi was keyed at the kid's pumpkin patch.