Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duramatric Programming

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:27 PM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts

Hi all, instead of starting a new thread i figured i'll continue this one.

I have 06 Carrera 4, 6spd with chrono, nav, no cd.
Just got D Pro a few days ago and installed software on MacBook running windows 7.
When i connect to the car and select Non-Turbo 05-08 in Duramatic menu i get a list of all the Modules and under AWD it tells me the module might not be installed.
Somewhere else in the menu i noticed that type of car is set to C2S instead of C4.
Can i safely change it to C4?

Also tried to activate the Chrono to be on all the time and as soon as i leave the screen where you start the lighting for chrono it turns off.

Also while browsing through all of the items very often my Duramatic app freezes.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-06-2015, 04:37 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by malahhaor
Hi all, instead of starting a new thread i figured i'll continue this one.

I have 06 Carrera 4, 6spd with chrono, nav, no cd.
Just got D Pro a few days ago and installed software on MacBook running windows 7.
When i connect to the car and select Non-Turbo 05-08 in Duramatic menu i get a list of all the Modules and under AWD it tells me the module might not be installed.
Somewhere else in the menu i noticed that type of car is set to C2S instead of C4.
Can i safely change it to C4? Yes absolutely - can't remember if/how you do this though.

Also tried to activate the Chrono to be on all the time and as soon as i leave the screen where you start the lighting for chrono it turns off. That's because it's only an activation, not a setting.

Also while browsing through all of the items very often my Duramatic app freezes. Yes unfortunately it does this a fair bit.

Any thoughts?
Comments underlined.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:01 AM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Comments underlined.
Thanks much. Any way to have Chrono on all the time other than starting it and letting it sit paused?

Also, any idea if i will screw something up by killing the App and reopening it all the time when it freezes? I just hope it doesn't happen when its writing to the module
Old 05-06-2015, 10:11 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by malahhaor
Thanks much. Any way to have Chrono on all the time other than starting it and letting it sit paused?

Also, any idea if i will screw something up by killing the App and reopening it all the time when it freezes? I just hope it doesn't happen when its writing to the module
I know the dealer can program Chrono on all the time...I would think you could do so with Dura Pro too but the menus are difficult to navigate through.

What VM software are you using? I have used Parallels with Win 7 and never had any free up issues.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,414 Likes on 816 Posts

Just got a Pro kit yesterday.

For me, comfort closing and opening required the Left door and right door settings to be "off" for comfort closing and opening (oddly). Just needed to active comfort closing and comfort remote under alarm.

the flashing airbag light to disable the seat belt chime is annoying, but oh well.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:59 PM
malahhaor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
I know the dealer can program Chrono on all the time...I would think you could do so with Dura Pro too but the menus are difficult to navigate through.

What VM software are you using? I have used Parallels with Win 7 and never had any free up issues.
i kept googling and trying to find it my self and no luck turning on the chrono.

Im using bootcamp and just double boot the machbook pro. so i would say its a native install?
Old 05-24-2015, 12:21 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 584 Likes on 351 Posts

hi phil, was this for an updated front control module???

Originally Posted by PhilD
I tried to replace the front module and even if I set all the settings manually the same as the old one it would not function correctly.

Owen looked at the log file I sent him about restoring the settings and they can see an error happening and are looking in to it.

Durametric is still worth it to me, although I'd really like a guide as to what all the settings do.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:32 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 58 Posts

Just bought the Enthusiast version. What a tool! Should be mandatory buy for any DIYer!

I was going through the activations and noticed that there is a brake bleed activation. Are you telling me that I can attache my catch can, crack the bleed screw and just hit START? No more hooking the pressure bleeder up?! Does the computer know the resevoir level so you cant get it too low and introduce air? This is life changing for us track guys!
Old 02-10-2018, 05:23 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by cosm3os
Just bought the Enthusiast version. What a tool! Should be mandatory buy for any DIYer!

I was going through the activations and noticed that there is a brake bleed activation. Are you telling me that I can attache my catch can, crack the bleed screw and just hit START? No more hooking the pressure bleeder up?! Does the computer know the resevoir level so you cant get it too low and introduce air? This is life changing for us track guys!
I believe that function has to do with the ABS system and not a regular type bleed.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:37 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes it activates the ABS pump to get air out of it - with the bleeders open of course...

Quick Reply: Duramatric Programming