Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duramatric Programming

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Egress
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2006 C4 with Sport Chrono. It's interesting because all the other changes I made with Durametric (sidemarker indicators, disabled DRLs, etc.) stuck but the seatbelt chime would always come back.

I attempted to disable the seatbelt chime by setting the Driver's Belt Buckle to "No". Is the Airbag section the only place for the setting or do I need to check other modules like the Seat Weight Sensor?
Old 02-27-2014, 06:32 PM
PhilD
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Egress
I attempted to disable the seatbelt chime by setting the Driver's Belt Buckle to "No". Is the Airbag section the only place for the setting or do I need to check other modules like the Seat Weight Sensor?
Slow reply, but I only just received the Pro version, so can now answer this. Yes, that one setting will do it. However, when your first start the car the airbag light will flash for 10 seconds, or at least mine did, and it annoyed me more than the door chime, so I turned the seat belt chime back on. I didn't mess around with other settings, but a combination of them may get it working correctly,

FWIW For the comfort windows the following is what worked for me;

Alarm
Comfort Radio Remote : Active
Comfort Function Window : Active

Left Door
Comfort Closing : On
Comfort Opening: Off

Right Door
Comfort Closing : On
Comfort Opening: Off
Old 02-27-2014, 07:15 PM
PhilD
Pro

Something I have noticed, and worth being aware of, is that the coding backup feature may not do what you think.

I looked at the backup file for the instrument panel, which is XML, and it only had 7 settings stored, and there are way more settings than that for the instrument coding. So I changed a bunch of settings for the instrument cluster and made a new backup. Apart from the time/date both backup files were identical, so I tried doing a restore from the original, none of the settings changed back to what they were when that backup was made.

I haven't tried any of the other modules, but it may be worth keeping a notebook with the Durametric and logging any changes you make.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:20 AM
fontana302
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Backup doesn't work for me either.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:31 AM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^This is not good. You guys should contact Durametric support (Owen Sutton) about this. When I email him he usually gets back to me within a day. He needs to know there is a problem so he can fix it. Please report back on what he says and when there is a fix.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:17 AM
PhilD
Pro

Originally Posted by Doug_B_928
You guys should contact Durametric support (Owen Sutton) about this.
Already done, will report what the outcome is.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PhilD
Already done, will report what the outcome is.
Any update on this?
Old 03-13-2014, 12:01 AM
PhilD
Pro

I just sent them a log file so they can look it. As soon as I hear something I will post it up, but I have verified in a couple of modules that the settings are not being backed up.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:04 AM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by PhilD
I just sent them a log file so they can look it. As soon as I hear something I will post it up, but I have verified in a couple of modules that the settings are not being backed up.
Wow, scary stuff! Thanks for the update. I hope Owen fixes it soon.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:02 AM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Encountering a small issue with durametric too. When i do a short test the dash indicates psm on diagnostics and drive off assistant failure. Has anybody experienced this? No faults but i feel there is a glitch with the dura, and should re fixed. We are payming them so much.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:25 AM
PhilD
Pro

I would say that is just part of test. PSM goes offline while tested, so PSM related functions will not work and may throw error messages. Are there any error codes?
Old 03-28-2014, 11:46 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Phild, I also have noticed and when I contacted Owen about 2 years ago, he said it's not PIWIS. He described you could not copy the code in a good module and save it for future replacement. In other words, you can not code a new module. Now, that was about two years ago. It's pretty much a door stop for me.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:07 PM
PhilD
Pro

Originally Posted by atcbi5
In other words, you can not code a new module. Now, that was about two years ago.
I tried to replace the front module and even if I set all the settings manually the same as the old one it would not function correctly.

Owen looked at the log file I sent him about restoring the settings and they can see an error happening and are looking in to it.

Durametric is still worth it to me, although I'd really like a guide as to what all the settings do.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:08 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

i think its due to a serial number embeded in the module. So when you try to "replace it" the checksum is no checky good. If they can fix that bug it would be an awesome tool.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:17 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Petza914
I finally got a chance to try and correct the key fob opening and closing the windows feature, and for me at least on both my 2005 C2S cars, bgrpph's info got me closer but not all the way there. On both my cars, I had to set the Comfort Windows in ALARM to Active and in both the LEFT DOOR and RIGHT DOOR modules, I had to set Comfort Opening to OFF, but Comfort Closing to ON. When I set both to OFF, the windows open during the Long press of the Key Fob when unlocking the car, but do nothing with a long press when locking it. Changing the Comfort Closing setting back to ON, now has both my cars fully functional. I opted not to tie the Sunroof in since I sometimes like to leave that in the up vent position to let heat out in the summer but want the windows to close.

Hope this extra info might help some of you still struggling with this to get it working.

Pete
This also worked with my car, 05 C2s.

Quick Reply: Duramatric Programming