Sponsored by:

Duramatric Programming

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slicky rick
Anybody verify if the window opening and closing can be done through the key fob by proper programming either through durametric or piwis?
Yes, my 2008 was programed thru the piwis to open or close the windows by holding down on the key fob.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:10 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

USMC_DS1: Just FYI, if you're going to do the upgrade it has to be within one year of purchase of your Enthusiast.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:22 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Doug, thanks for that detail... I have 4 months left to decide.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:05 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

This links has some interesting references to coding with the Pro Tool.

http://www.planet-9.com/reviews/elec...functions.html

Oops... just noticed that it was already posted previously at the beginning of this thread.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by slicky rick
Anybody verify if the window opening and closing can be done through the key fob by proper programming either through durametric or piwis?
it can be done thru Pwiz. one of the links i posted has info (i think) on doing it with the dura but i wasnt able to fig it out or get it to work.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:22 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug_B_928
USMC_DS1: Just FYI, if you're going to do the upgrade it has to be within one year of purchase of your Enthusiast.
Durametric sent me an RMA # to use when I send my cable in to trade up. I've had mine longer about 2 years
Old 11-01-2012, 10:41 AM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Durametric sent me an RMA # to use when I send my cable in to trade up. I've had mine longer about 2 years
So, are you saying they will accept a return for upgrade after more than one year?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:41 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug_B_928
So, are you saying they will accept a return for upgrade after more than one year?
I haven't sent it in yet but when I inquired about the trade I sent them a copy of my original invoice that clearly showed the purchase date of 9/12/2010. They gave me shipping instructions and an RMA# to use.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

I haven't sent it in yet but when I inquired about the trade I sent them a copy of my original invoice that clearly showed the purchase date of 9/12/2010. They gave me shipping instructions and an RMA# to use.
Hmmm...that's not what I was told, but hopefully they are allowing upgrades beyond the one year period. I upgraded before the year ran out just to be safe.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:10 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

I'm curious re the difference between the Enthusiast vs. Pro Tool especially as it relates to the 997. From what I understand the main benefit of Pro is unlimited cars and coding vs. Enthusiast. I'm mainly interested in coding but have only seen these limited coding features mentioned:

1. AIRBAG (POSIP) Module
2. DISABLE REAR SPOILER FUNCTION
3. CHANGE SIDE MARKERS TO DIRECTIONAL INDICATORS
4. COMFORT FUNCTION WINDOWS
5. Passenger Seat Weight Sensor (AWS)
6. DISABLE SEAT BELT CHIME
7. Different size tires and function(winter vs. summer)

Of all these #3 and #6 would be useful to me. I would like to affect #4 but DM has confirmed that it does not work and is not supported. What are some of other functions? BTW, DM indicated to me that they would honor an upgrade credit regardless of time frame as long as the tool was purchased from them directly.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:56 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
I'm curious re the difference between the Enthusiast vs. Pro Tool especially as it relates to the 997. From what I understand the main benefit of Pro is unlimited cars and coding vs. Enthusiast. I'm mainly interested in coding but have only seen these limited coding features mentioned:

1. AIRBAG (POSIP) Module
2. DISABLE REAR SPOILER FUNCTION
3. CHANGE SIDE MARKERS TO DIRECTIONAL INDICATORS
4. COMFORT FUNCTION WINDOWS
5. Passenger Seat Weight Sensor (AWS)
6. DISABLE SEAT BELT CHIME
7. Different size tires and function(winter vs. summer)

Of all these #3 and #6 would be useful to me. I would like to affect #4 but DM has confirmed that it does not work and is not supported. What are some of other functions? BTW, DM indicated to me that they would honor an upgrade credit regardless of time frame as long as the tool was purchased from them directly.
I was told that changing side markers to turn signals inactivates the regular turn signals - can't have both. Don't know if this is factual though.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

I haven't played with it yet. The only reason I bought it now was due to the whole one year thing. I bought mine from Durametric's Canadian reseller, so shouldn't be a different policy. I believe this company actually makes the product for Durametric.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:07 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

I wish DM would post all the coding features somewhere. I'm fine with paying more for the Pro but would be sadly disappointed if it only benefited me in one area now - the seat belt chime. Now if I was going to purchase/replace my 997 w/o another Porsche this tool would be great to lug along for my test drives. Don't even need to beg the dealer for a DME report and private sales would be that much safer... but that's likely yrs away as I'm still learning all the interesting aspects of this finely crafted machine.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:21 PM
Luxter
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Windows UP/DOWN

First of all, thank you OP for a path to disable bloody seat belt chime!!
Many thanks! I owe you a beer next time in Calgary.
My contribution:
Comfort windows up and down are under:
Left Door (or Right Door) from Left pane in Durametric -> Coding -> Disclaimer -> Coding Tab -> Down the list to Comfort window up and down (two separate items).
I did do the coding, however my car being in storage right now, was not able to test if that works. Someone please confirm.
I also saw activation for CD changer for those who consider upgrading to Dension or M0Bridge.
Daytime running lights DRL (big favorite among Canadians) is also available, on and off to save those precious Xenons. Our Can dealers are absolute dicks in this matter.
Lots of interesting items under Engine Module (very top of left pane), did not have a chance to explore it all.
A question:
How long would you let your car sit with ignition on? There’s got to be a limit….
Keep your session short just in case your ignition coils boil….
There is another thread in this forum (997) about proper sequence to initiate Durametric, thank again to the OP for posting. I struggled with the right sequence as well. Too bad Durametric does not want to correct their own instructions. Very sad indeed.
BTW: can the OP correct the spelling of the software from "Duramatric" to "Durametric" so future searches work? Please....
One more edit:
One of key reasons that I purchased full version was to cut the cord to my local dealer. They are not only dicks but also assh*les. A blend of ignorance, arrogance and incompetence. Explosive!!!
Darn, another edit: I was able to successfully run Durametric on Macbook Pro (USB 2.0) with Boot Camp and Windoze 7, just so you know those compuutor saaavyyy geeks.
(Somebody take that bottle of Chardonnay away from me nowwwww......)
Cheers,
=L=

Last edited by Luxter; 11-01-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Luxter
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Side markers

I was told that changing side markers to turn signals inactivates the regular turn signals - can't have both. Don't know if this is factual though.
Not true. Side markers become signal lights in addition to front and rear signal lights.
Side signal lights make much more sense in heavy traffic.
Cheers,
=L=

Quick Reply: Duramatric Programming