Sponsored by:

Potential Issues with Warranty on P-cars with Gundo Mod-fyi

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 08:15 PM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Potential Issues with Warranty on P-cars with Gundo Mod-fyi

Guys, just wanted to pass this info on per my discussion with a service manager of local P-dealer confirming whether I'd have any warranty issues if the Gundo was performed on my 997.2..

He said the warranty would not be voided, however, if there were any problems to the car as result of the Gundo mod or as result of using aftermarket exhausts overall; PCNA will not honor the warranty to fix.
I'm no tech expert (being all new to P cars) but he mentioned that these mods sometimes affect the back pressure, cause warning lights to come on, or even oil leaks as result..and in these cases Porsche will not fix due to the problems being associated with a modded or aftermarket exhaust.

I've read tons here and on 6Speed and know what the concensus is and just wanted to pass this info on to everyone based on my conversation with the service manager as an awareness to put out there..

..Be interesting to hear from anyone who have had to bring their car into the dealer with a mod or aftermarket exhaust and see what their service experience was- whether they had issues with warranty being honored, etc.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 PM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He didn't mention a burnt exhaust valve?
I would think that would be the only thing an aftermarket exhaust system would impact.
Gundo's don't throw CEL's from what I've heard.

Oil leaks? sounds like the advisor is covering his ***...
Old 09-17-2012, 08:54 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

My service department gave me a similar response. They told me that Porsche audits practically all warranty claims and requests pictures of the work done.

I was asking specifically about a center muffler bypass pipe for my GTS. I asked if I ever had a problem with the PSE, which is not that unusual apparently, I would most likely have to put the car back to factory specs for the warranty work to be paid for by Porsche.

I was specifically asking about potential issues with PSE welds or valve issues that have been reported. My service manager told me that Porsche would not cover such repairs on my car if I had a center muffler bypass, unless I returned the car to factory specs before the repair.

I think there have been issues with seal failures on GT3 engines that were not covered by Porsche because of aftermarket exhausts. As the OP said, just passing along information.

Last edited by GSIRM3; 09-18-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:04 PM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks for chiming in as always gents- I'm curious to hear from anyone who had the Gundo and have had issues with warranty being turned down due to the mod or aftermarket exhaust being installed..

Quick Reply: Potential Issues with Warranty on P-cars with Gundo Mod-fyi