Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do people even think they can get away with this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 07:18 PM
OhioLefty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do people even think they can get away with this?

How do people even think they can get away with this? Read the seller added comment. Let me guess, I need to send him money to hold the car before bidding.

2011 Porsche 911 Carrera S - $48,000

I found the same car listed on Craigs List for $76,000

same car for $76,000

If you saw one of my other posts about a 2009 Targa 4S I found that got my interest, here is an update. I called the dealership and talked to a salesperson about the car, everything positive about the car. Decided to "Google" the dealership and read some reviews and most said avoid the dealership like the plague! Especially mentioned the salesperson I was talking to by name. "Google" his name and found out he was arrested for a Ponzi scheme and is out on $150,000 bail awaiting trial.

Amazing what I'm finding I have to wade through just to find an honest car for a fair price. Wow.

Last edited by OhioLefty; 09-08-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:24 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The craigslist add seems legit.

The ebay add just ripped off the pics and info and made up an auction. I sent a message to the ebay account holder to see if he even knows about this listing. I have a feeling his account has been high-jacked to make this listing. The give away being the added info to contact seller using a email address listed in the add and asking interested parties to NOT use the ebay system.

BTW - that looks like a killer deal even at the $76,000 price. I could possibly put an eyeball on the car for you if you're interested. Sounds like it's close to me.

That's way too cheap for a 2011 S model, isn't it?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:25 PM
eflight
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 80 Posts

I love the line on e-bay

"Please contact me before bidding or i will cancel your bids"

That has to send up red warning flags for anyone even thinking about bidding
Old 09-08-2012, 09:11 PM
OhioLefty
Instructor

Originally Posted by RollingArt
The craigslist add seems legit.

The ebay add just ripped off the pics and info and made up an auction. I sent a message to the ebay account holder to see if he even knows about this listing. I have a feeling his account has been high-jacked to make this listing. The give away being the added info to contact seller using a email address listed in the add and asking interested parties to NOT use the ebay system.

BTW - that looks like a killer deal even at the $76,000 price. I could possibly put an eyeball on the car for you if you're interested. Sounds like it's close to me.

That's way too cheap for a 2011 S model, isn't it?
Thanks for the generous offer, but I think I'm going to pass on this one and keep looking.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:13 PM
MICHAELWWW
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did a quick search on that dealer and didn't find any complaints out of the ordinary for a used car dealer.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts

I have been casually looking around and I think that's a good price if legit. Nicely optioned and low miles.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:23 PM
halik
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

stolen ebay account
Old 09-09-2012, 07:06 PM
OhioLefty
Instructor

Originally Posted by MICHAELWWW
I did a quick search on that dealer and didn't find any complaints out of the ordinary for a used car dealer.
If you are talking about Elite Motors, here are some of the reviews I read. Ignore most of the short one liners, probably the dealership trying to offset the negative reviews.

Elite Motors reviews

The salesman I talked to is named in the review. I'm not sure if it is permitted here to call out his name so I won't but he is named in one of the reviews. Just "Google" his name and read about his record.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

I'm not shocked. There are a lot of shady people in the car business; especially Chicago. This car is either a scam or has been in a major accident with frame damage.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RollingArt

So I sent a message to the seller using the ebay message system, just like the listing asks you NOT to (claiming it is not working). Here is the response from the account holder:

"sorry...i have NO IDEA how this happened...and/or who got into my account, but NO, NO, NO...this is NOT something i posted.

definitely something i'd love to DRIVE and/or own!

sorry. looking into how the heck this happened.

all the best,"

So nothing really surprising here. Just another ridiculously low priced ebay scam.

However, this car IS being sold for $76,000. The miles is a bit high for a 2011 but so what. This is an awesome buy at that price. No?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

I reported this a fraudulent on Saturday....way to go ebay!

Quick Reply: How do people even think they can get away with this?