Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 997 Forum
Reload this Page >

Porsche horde defends its own After fines, club says members not speedsters

Notices
997 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche horde defends its own After fines, club says members not speedsters

Old 09-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Several years ago after I first got my car back to the USA I took a friend out for a spirited drive in the 997S. She was an ex cop. She was absolutely blown away by the inherent safety of these things--the over the top brakes and suspension that can handle nearly any situation. The only shortcoming on these cars are the operators--if denied the opportunity to get practice driving these things fast. If you maintain your proficiency at speed you are not the problem. The problem in the North American area is the other guy--who is busy in the left lane juggling a Big Mac while texting his or her girlfriend that they are running late...
Old 09-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Hella-Buggin'
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Edgy01 View Post
Several years ago after I first got my car back to the USA I took a friend out for a spirited drive in the 997S. She was an ex cop. She was absolutely blown away by the inherent safety of these things--the over the top brakes and suspension that can handle nearly any situation. The only shortcoming on these cars are the operators--if denied the opportunity to get practice driving these things fast. If you maintain your proficiency at speed you are not the problem. The problem in the North American area is the other guy--who is busy in the left lane juggling a Big Mac while texting his or her girlfriend that they are running late...

It's shocking what I see people doing while driving. These people are risking the lives of my children by texting, eating, air drumming, driving with their feet.
Crazy town. I once saw a
Woman reading legal
Documents spread across the stearing wheel. She looked up every five seconds... At 75 mph.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:12 PM
alexb76
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hella-Buggin' View Post
It's shocking what I see people doing while driving. These people are risking the lives of my children by texting, eating, air drumming, driving with their feet.
Crazy town. I once saw a
Woman reading legal
Documents spread across the stearing wheel. She looked up every five seconds... At 75 mph.
+1!

That's why actually some claim a higher speed limit is actually safer, as if you're doing 100MPH, you MUST focus on the road ahead, instead of flirting on your BBM chatting away with someone!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: