Sponsored by:

Engine Knocking sound and Alarm Issues on a 997.2

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 01:10 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by hakaida702
Good to hear that all of your problems were fixed. Now I have to figure out why my car hesitates off the line. It could be that I'm not giving it enough gas. I don't like to take off too hard and have people thinking I'm a pcar dbag driver. Once I get moving, pdk and the engine runs smoothly and I haven't pushed it yet as I'm still under 2,000 miles. But I have a '11 so I would think I have the pdk update.
Perhaps when time permits, swing by the nearest 'competant' dealer and have it checked out?
Old 08-31-2012, 02:15 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

VG, glad to see your persistence paid off with the p-dealer. Keep us posted on how the PDK works out over the next few weeks. BTW, you'll likely receive a customer survey within the week. It's really tempting to state your case on the survey to PCNA but you may want to leverage this same p-dealer sometime in the future for parts and/or service... Better to not take the survey vs. saying something negative officially. These surveys affects their p-car allocation. Instead discuss/share your experience with the Service Manager and explain to him that you value their service but want a better experience next time. How you would rather not report any ssues on the survey and would prefer to work this out with them... ask the service manager who their top SR is, you want someone technical to deal with in the future, etc. Try to build a rapport with one of the top SR's or mechs. I found an SR who was a former mech at my dealer... I take him out for lunch every so often and consider him a friend now. GL.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:08 AM
vg247
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
VG, glad to see your persistence paid off with the p-dealer. Keep us posted on how the PDK works out over the next few weeks. BTW, you'll likely receive a customer survey within the week. It's really tempting to state your case on the survey to PCNA but you may want to leverage this same p-dealer sometime in the future for parts and/or service... Better to not take the survey vs. saying something negative officially. These surveys affects their p-car allocation. Instead discuss/share your experience with the Service Manager and explain to him that you value their service but want a better experience next time. How you would rather not report any ssues on the survey and would prefer to work this out with them... ask the service manager who their top SR is, you want someone technical to deal with in the future, etc. Try to build a rapport with one of the top SR's or mechs. I found an SR who was a former mech at my dealer... I take him out for lunch every so often and consider him a friend now. GL.
***Ah yes, you are on the dot, thanks for re-echoing the wisdom..I AM tempted to lay it out via survey, but good point to opt for no survey and speak with manager to seek for top SR,etc in the future.

My only concern with this is that it will get back to the crappy SR I had (which is good for their process and employee improvement aspects) AND when time comes to bring in my car again (though working through a different SR) there may be chance of reprisals having my car with them at that dealership with that same crappy SR there as they all work together at the end of the day.

Though a little bit more of a drive for me (vs. 10mins to the current one) I'm planning to take it to another dealer 30mins away next round.

-Out of town tomorrow through Monday, and as soon as I get to drive my 997.2 more once back will definitely keep everyone posted on any good and bad. Btw, I still have to get those leather interior pix up as well
Old 11-15-2012, 10:03 AM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

You might consider sending a nice letter to the GM at the dealership laying out your experience. BTW, I always had good luck with the Porsche dealership in Fremont when I had my 993. I have not been to a Porsche dealership with the 997 yet though.

Quick Reply: Engine Knocking sound and Alarm Issues on a 997.2