Sponsored by:

What would you rather?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 02:10 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 474 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Verde
I just asked the dealer who they used. They were happy to tell me. Perfect job. End of story. And a new sheet of glass is a wonderful thing. I swear that Porsche OEM and spec replacement glass must be made of silly putty. Old one was totally micro-pitted which is most obvious when the sun is low or you get a new windshield.
V
Windshields are windshields.....body repair is something completely different.....you can't....repeat CAN'T assume that the dealer is sending you to the best place. They have too much self-interest at stake. You need to do your own homework. NEVER take the dealer's recommendation!!

Tom
Old 08-26-2012, 02:26 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,031 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Windshields are windshields.....body repair is something completely different.....you can't....repeat CAN'T assume that the dealer is sending you to the best place. They have too much self-interest at stake. You need to do your own homework. NEVER take the dealer's recommendation!!

Tom
Exactly. My hometown dealership is top notch. The body shop this dealership recommends is a few miles away but under the same corporate umbrella and a total disaster.

Quick Reply: What would you rather?