Sponsored by:

ROTec front LED issue? Need help troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 08:08 PM
MFank
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default ROTec front LED issue? Need help troubleshooting

I bought a set of the ROTtec front LEDs last August in the group buy. The lights have worked fine with the resistors. I started getting a "CHECK FRONT RIGHT SIDE LIGHT error message a few days ago & the thin center light will not light up.

I have pulled the assembly from the car twice and checked all the connections but still won't work. I have emailed ROTec & am waiting for a response but was wondering if anyone here has had the issue or is there a way to troubleshoot the issue - bulb is burned out? resistor is bad? TIA!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Slamuth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh oh. I'll be interested in the feedback' although I'm afraid I don't have any advice to offer. I've been strongly considering some Dectane's myself, but always fear I'll end up with an error or resistor issue such as your issue.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:08 PM
MFank
Rennlist Member

I'm sure ROTtec will have a solution. They were great to work with on the group buy and quickly sent me the resistors when I needed them.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Paid4
AutoX

Originally Posted by Slamuth
Uh oh. I'll be interested in the feedback' although I'm afraid I don't have any advice to offer. I've been strongly considering some Dectane's myself, but always fear I'll end up with an error or resistor issue such as your issue.
Does Dectane actually produce a front DRL led, I know they make the rear brake led's?[i have them on order]
Old 08-01-2012, 01:00 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 128 Posts

Make sure that you have not switched the leads. Also, the added resistance package did the trick for me and I have have zeros faults since they released that package. Sadly, with all these aftermarket products, the one thing they are all consistently bad at are good installation procedures. Half the time you have to guess at what they meant to say!
Old 08-01-2012, 08:24 PM
MFank
Rennlist Member

I did check the leads when I initially installed the resistors. Like I said, they have worked fine for almost a year & then the one bulb quit working - hence my thought that the resistor or bulb has died.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:57 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 128 Posts

Get back in touch with them and they will get you a replacement. Good that it died within a year so there is no issue with warranty. I had a problem initially with my central thin LED light but found that I had the leads backwards. After fixing that I was good to go--as we all know, LEDs are polarity sensitive, --that's why they are called Light Emitting DIODES!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Slamuth
Racer

Originally Posted by Paid4
Does Dectane actually produce a front DRL led, I know they make the rear brake led's?[i have them on order]
No, I don't believe Dectance offers the DRL, I was only using the RotTec issue as an example of an aftermarket issue that I'd be concerned about.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

I am getting the same error message - onl for a few seconds and then it is off again, but comes back intermittantly. A little annoying.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:09 AM
MFank
Rennlist Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Get back in touch with them and they will get you a replacement. Good that it died within a year so there is no issue with warranty. I had a problem initially with my central thin LED light but found that I had the leads backwards. After fixing that I was good to go--as we all know, LEDs are polarity sensitive, --that's why they are called Light Emitting DIODES!
They responded to my first email back in July but nothing since. I sent a follow up a few days ago and hopefully will hear from them soon.

Quick Reply: ROTec front LED issue? Need help troubleshooting