Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waxing

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally agree. I've become addicted to the Maguairs Ultimate Detailer. After a wash I use this stuff and it is unbelievable.

Have you tried the detailers after a wash?

I love this thread.

Originally Posted by Skibum
PHX

I think it's just being ****.
If I were to take a freshly waxed car and wash it then dry it, to me the finish doesn't look as good as when just waxed.
And I'd never use power tools.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
So tell me this. Is it OK to polish every few months? Seems like the clearcoat can only handle so much polishing. Also, would you clay before any of these process'?

What machine are you using? The Flex seems to be the Polisher that Jesus would use. Just say'n.
I'm using the Porter Cable that was the gold standard before the Flex came along. I dont remember what model it is but I bought back in 2001 and is still going strong

I clay once a year and polish 1-2 a year depending on how the paint looks.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spit shining and wax... this is what I found most amusing.
The old tried and true is still the best when it comes to ultimate shine.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

No disrespect here but the joy of getting up early on Saturday, putting on some tunes, smoking a cigar and washing/waxing the car is what I love to do.

Any sealant on top of wax is simply for durability. That something I actually don't want.
That's the beauty of a pure wax. It just evaporates.

Pay someone to do what I love to do? Not a chance.
Paint only needs correction if it is incorrect.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Skibum
Banned

You are indeed a good man Mr. 5150.
A worth addition to the Obsessively **** Club
Old 07-29-2012, 07:42 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Absolutely no disrespect meant, but those that wax 2 times a year are out of the focus group. I'm looking for the **** folks among us. P)
Those that appreciate the difference between a fresh wax job and one a week old.
I use P21S wax(and wash) on my guards red Pcar.

I find, with this wax, the car looks far better one or two washes AFTER the application of the wax. I think the subsequent washes help to smooth the wax and improve the "wet" look.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Spokane5150
Banned

Thank you.

Yes...no eating or drinking in the car unless you have tried and proven technique so as not' to get food or coffee in my seats. No car wash ever and my car is actually clean when I wash it.

Are you using the Flex Ski? This think is amazing and makes fast work of the job.

http://youtu.be/PsQeGUCC8D0

You are indeed a good man Mr. 5150.
A worth addition to the Obsessively **** Club
Old 07-29-2012, 07:49 PM
vexed
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I use the Klasse twins, AIO and SG for a base. You can wax over them. I tried P21S recently and thought it gave the car a nice pop. Blitz is also good, especially on lighter cars. I have used pinnacle souveran, nice but I am not convinced it is that much better than P21S.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Skibum
Banned

I had a bad experience many years ago with power tools and paint.
I was younger then, but never again.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Skibum
Banned

I see the Pinnacle has polymer in it.
At this point I'm thinking I want to stick with pure wax.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:07 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
This color is freak'n amazing. Is this Guards Red?

Arena Red. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:39 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

I see the Pinnacle has polymer in it.
At this point I'm thinking I want to stick with pure wax.
pinnacle souveran paste wax is a pure wax.

http://www.pinnaclewax.com/souveran.html

Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Paste Wax is the wax for perfectionists, so named for it’s dazzling, 3-dimensional depth and unmatched brilliance. Formulated with premium grade carnauba, nature’s finest wax, Souverän™ is designed to exceed the standards of the most discriminating enthusiast and collector. In fact, this wax is responsible for the dramatic shines on winning show cars at major concours events, time and time again. Today, Souverän™ still reigns as the ultimate show car wax.

We've created this wax for perfectionists like you. Pinnacle Souverän™ Wax produces a shine that is more than just bright. Our finest car wax is bursting with a special blend of Brazilian Ivory Carnauba and natural oils to give the paint tremendous depth and richness. It creates a liquid and 3-dimensional appearance on the paint. Souverän™ Wax enhances all colors but is stunning on dark colored cars. Reds radiate energy. Blacks take on the shimmer of an infinitely deep pool.

Ralph Lauren's 1930 Mercedes Benz SSK "Count Trossi" Winner,
Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance Best of Show. Prepared and shown with Pinnacle Souverän™ Wax.

The prime ingredient in Pinnacle Souverän™ Wax is Brazilian Ivory Carnauba. Carnauba wax is world-renown for its crystal clarity, its protective properties and its uncanny shimmer. The wax is produced by a specific tree that grows in the hot, wet valleys of Northern Brazil. The leaves secrete the wax in order to protect themselves from the tropical sun and to shed rainwater, which falls to the tree’s roots. Carnauba wax has the distinction of being the hardest natural wax and it has the highest melting point of any natural wax.

No other natural wax is as sought after as No. 1 yellow carnauba wax, deemed the purest and highest quality by Brazil’s government inspectors. No. 1 yellow carnauba wax is the only wax found in Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Car Wax.

We took the highest grade yellow carnauba wax available and refined it once more to make an ivory- colored wax of unbelievable clarity and purity. Even in its natural state, carnauba provides excellent UV protection, is heat resistant, and yet is breathable to allow the leaves from which it came to receive oxygen. Pinnacle’s ivory carnauba retains all those characteristics but allows for a perfectly clear, rich finish when applied to automotive paint.

Key Features :
Butter-like consistency applies easily
Incredible depth and mirror-like shine
Can be layered
Haze and streak resistant
No chalky haze, wipes off wet
Lasts up to 90 days
The finest wax available for dark paint finishes

We’ve added natural oils to the carnauba in order to “wet” the paint. This combination of ingredients is what gives Souverän™ Wax its distinctive, wet-looking shine. Particularly on dark-colored vehicles, this wax creates a deep, fluid finish that comes to life under changing light.

Pinnacle Souverän™’s buttery texture enables it to be wiped off easily with any towel, but you’ll find it absolutely effortless with the

Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, included with our compliments. The Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel has a luxurious 70/30 blend of baby soft polyester and polyamide fibers woven into a plush cloth. With no looped hems, the edges of the cloth are as soft as its middle. This premium cloth has excellent “grip” to polish away Pinnacle Souverän™ wax and uncover a breathtaking shine. This 16 x 16 inch microfiber cloth will become an instant favorite.

Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Wax is terrific in climates of high heat and humidity. It wipes on effortlessly and resists hazing and streaking.
Every car comes out perfect. It's a detailer's dream come true.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Skibum
Banned

I swear I read it on the Pinnacle site.

Checking.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Skibum
Banned

I read this under their Wax category:

From science...super-refining and modern polymers. We start with #1 Grade Yellow Carnauba, then refine it a second time. This changes the wax's pale yellow color to ivory as the last remaining impurities are removed. The result is Ivory Carnauba, a super-pure wax with unsurpassed clarity. We use only Ivory Carnauba as a foundation for all our waxes. To this base of Ivory Carnauba, we add modern crystalline polymers. Thes super-hard polymers increase the wax's durability by resisting breakdown from acid rain and ultraviolet light. Month after month, your
vehicle will proudly display its Ivory Carnauba shine!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:48 PM
vman4639
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

HOW you wax is as important as WHAT you use...

All-in-ones are not good, IMO. Especially given the frequency with which you are waxing.

I use a 3 step wax process -
- wash car
- dry -car
- wax cleaner
- wax polish
- wax sealer

If necessary, you can use multiple polish steps with different levels of cleaning ability - but you do need to be careful here.

I use Mothers, it uses a liquid for the first two steps and a solid wax for the sealer. Works great.

Oh - and I follow the full process 2-3 times a year, and just the polish - cleaner when I feel like it.

I assume you are not using an all-in-one. If you are, and if you are doing so once a week - stop. You are doing more harm than good.

Quick Reply: Waxing