Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arrest me Red

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 01:26 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Awesome story! Never heard of something like that! Once I was stopped for just a bit over the speed limit and the guy was a car guy and asked me about car, HP, etc... and told me to slow down as this car (Audi S4 at the time) can get over speed limit quickly, gave me a warning, and let me go.

Now, was that policeman *different*?
Old 08-14-2012, 04:18 AM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
Got a taste of what it really means to be driving "Arrest me Red". I've heard about red p-cars getting speeding tickets while parked. And for the past 18 months of ownership I've kept it in check below the speed limit... for the most part. Today I got a taste of why they call it "Arrest me Red".

Everything was good as I was pulling away from a stop light with two cars blocking both lanes in front of me. The traffic opened up a bit and I had an opportunity to speed past a few of the cars in front. Although I like to accelerate I always make a point of not going over the speed limit... this time it was 65mph. In fact, I noticed a blue BMW 335i screaming past me... I did not pursue as I notice a Sheriff's car way in back of the pack taking up the pursuit. At 1st I thought he was going for the speeding BMW. Haha... that should teach the bimmer a lesson. But as I turned off the interstate into my neighborhood the patrol car closed in on me instead! In fact, he was tailgating me for the good part of a mile as I crawled thru the neighborhood's 40mph speed limit. The lights and sirens eventually came on. I pulled over expecting the worst with ID and insurance card in hand.

But over the next 15mins we talked about cars. He has a 2012 Corvette. Are RADAR detectors legal in TX - he pointed out the Redline on my windshield and recommended that I get one that was hidden. Was my car turbo charged - he noticed the exhaust note of my new FVD exhaust "sound" system. What type of cigars were the best - he notice the Montecristo baseball cap on my head. We ended up exchanging business cards with tentative plans to have him come join my smoking buddies and I next week for a few Cuban cigars. I guess that was a warning... I love this car!
Do you have any USMC stickers on the back of your car?
Old 08-14-2012, 11:02 AM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by cds4402
Do you have any USMC stickers on the back of your car?
I've considered it but went with a USMC license plate frame instead to keep the car clean. Looked like the Deputy did not notice the frame however as he did not mention anything re military. Sometimes I find the EGA to be a double edged sword depending on how they feel about the Marine Corps or military... regardless I like to show the EGA somewhere on our POV's.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Money Pit 951
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm packing up my car and moving to Austin! I've yet to meet a cop here with any humor or interest in what I'm driving

I'll bring the cubans next smoke night!
Old 08-14-2012, 06:09 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Uh-rah... you'll find plenty of friends here with those smokes.

Quick Reply: Arrest me Red