Sponsored by:

Arrest me Red

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 08:51 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CAA
Nothing like a traffic stop with a happy ending. I have a few friends that are PO's and they're all car guys. One even owns a 95 993!
There was a happy ending?

That part must have been edited out before I read it.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
My experisnce in the many years I'm driving Porsches is that the cops love the cars!

Tom
I got caught on the wrong side of Oakland during an impromptu 99% protest in the fall, there were a crapload of detours with cops directing traffic. Got a thumbs up from one, another who actually stopped me to ask what color my car was as he'd never seen it before and a third who told me my car was beautiful and advised me that it wasn't the greatest idea to be driving the 911 at that time and place.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:33 PM
krysFly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great story, although if it happened it to me, in the back of my mind I would expect the cop at any moment either to push for body search or ask me out.

I'll just take the speeding ticket, thank you, maybe "cigar" is some sort of a password.

Either way, I am slowing down for a while
Old 07-29-2012, 10:53 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

krysFly... just curious but is that a 935 slant nose in your avatar and I assume that's your car? Awesome ride!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I'm glad to hear all worked out well. This morning at one of our local cars and coffee events we discussed this very issue. The conclusion was that many LEOs are gear heads and they became cops so that they would be able to avoid getting tagged themselves! Most are just good old guys that are reasonable as long as you are, too. However, like in all situations, there are a few bad apples who can spoil it for everyone. There is a book out there entitled "How to Talk your way out of a Traffic Ticket." It's good to review occasionally. The main points are to be respectful, not argumentative, and cooperate in every way. Age (and grey hair) seems to help, too!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:00 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 473 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Tcc1999
I got caught on the wrong side of Oakland during an impromptu 99% protest in the fall, there were a crapload of detours with cops directing traffic. Got a thumbs up from one, another who actually stopped me to ask what color my car was as he'd never seen it before and a third who told me my car was beautiful and advised me that it wasn't the greatest idea to be driving the 911 at that time and place.
Tim....I'm thinking he had a good point!

Tom
Old 07-30-2012, 09:02 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 473 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I'm glad to hear all worked out well. This morning at one of our local cars and coffee events we discussed this very issue. The conclusion was that many LEOs are gear heads and they became cops so that they would be able to avoid getting tagged themselves! Most are just good old guys that are reasonable as long as you are, too. However, like in all situations, there are a few bad apples who can spoil it for everyone. There is a book out there entitled "How to Talk your way out of a Traffic Ticket." It's good to review occasionally. The main points are to be respectful, not argumentative, and cooperate in every way. Age (and grey hair) seems to help, too!
Then I'm more than safe my friend!!

Tom
Old 07-30-2012, 01:04 PM
FiatCoupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Touching stories but I'd rather them be spending my tax dollars concerntrating on the those drivers with some of the worst driving standards I've seen here in the USA, or getting the uninsured drivers off the road, than having cosy chats with Porsche drivers.

John
Old 07-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by FiatCoupe
Touching stories but I'd rather them be spending my tax dollars concerntrating on the those drivers with some of the worst driving standards I've seen here in the USA, or getting the uninsured drivers off the road, than having cosy chats with Porsche drivers.

John
1+. There's little to no income in those activities.

Last edited by Zeus993; 07-30-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM
krysFly
Instructor

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
krysFly... just curious but is that a 935 slant nose in your avatar and I assume that's your car? Awesome ride!
Yes, I believe that's a 83 935 turbo slant nose. Sadly, not my ride.
I have it as my avatar, because it has the 3 things I love the most in life.
Women, Porsche and License plates.....
Old 07-30-2012, 03:18 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by krysFly
Yes, I believe that's a 83 935 turbo slant nose. Sadly, not my ride.
I have it as my avatar, because it has the 3 things I love the most in life.
Women, Porsche and License plates.....
Classic... BTW, that's the kind of red 935 back in '84 that planted the Porsche bug in my car psyche. I was tempted to sell a kidney back then to get one... instead I settled for a g-red 997 many years later. Oh yeah... still have both kidneys.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:50 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha
There was a happy ending?

That part must have been edited out before I read it.
Spoiler Warning.............

......he didn't get a ticket.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:28 PM
buddy911t
Pro

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Pre-2010, before the speeding laws got nasty here (tow and impound your car for a week if caught speeding > 40kms over the limit, license lost etc...) I was pulled over doing 126 in a 60 zone. The young PO walked up did the standard license, registration etc... then asked if I knew what the speed limit was? I responded with a lame "30 kms / hour” (I had NO idea) and was informed of the 60 kms etc... He then proceeded to compliment me on my car but that he was ”kinda busy" and let me off with a warning! "Kinda busy"! ? Those were the days...
There was one guy from a country that would crush your car if you went that much above the limit, I told him to move.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:55 AM
Poshaman
Instructor

Talking

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
Got a taste of what it really means to be driving "Arrest me Red". I've heard about red p-cars getting speeding tickets while parked. And for the past 18 months of ownership I've kept it in check below the speed limit... for the most part. Today I got a taste of why they call it "Arrest me Red".

Everything was good as I was pulling away from a stop light with two cars blocking both lanes in front of me. The traffic opened up a bit and I had an opportunity to speed past a few of the cars in front. Although I like to accelerate I always make a point of not going over the speed limit... this time it was 65mph. In fact, I noticed a blue BMW 335i screaming past me... I did not pursue as I notice a Sheriff's car way in back of the pack taking up the pursuit. At 1st I thought he was going for the speeding BMW. Haha... that should teach the bimmer a lesson. But as I turned off the interstate into my neighborhood the patrol car closed in on me instead! In fact, he was tailgating me for the good part of a mile as I crawled thru the neighborhood's 40mph speed limit. The lights and sirens eventually came on. I pulled over expecting the worst with ID and insurance card in hand.

But over the next 15mins we talked about cars. He has a 2012 Corvette. Are RADAR detectors legal in TX - he pointed out the Redline on my windshield and recommended that I get one that was hidden. Was my car turbo charged - he noticed the exhaust note of my new FVD exhaust "sound" system. What type of cigars were the best - he notice the Montecristo baseball cap on my head. We ended up exchanging business cards with tentative plans to have him come join my smoking buddies and I next week for a few Cuban cigars. I guess that was a warning... I love this car!

Now, that wouldn't have happened if it was a female cop who stopped you, lol.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:06 AM
losdeanos
Rennlist Member

I just picked up a GR 997 and love it. The color is stunning and a real head turner.

Quick Reply: Arrest me Red