Sponsored by:

Got my PPI back...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PHX 911
I ********** ten to twenty times a day and whenever my wrist gets sore I like to click on this forum and pretend I own a Porsche. Please ignore me here just as everyone does in real-life
Roger that, champ.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 PM
cmb13
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

LMAO
Old 07-20-2012, 01:13 AM
pkts
Advanced

Way to derail my thread guys
Old 07-20-2012, 01:21 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

What dealer are you working with?
Old 07-20-2012, 10:35 AM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

If its cpo then who cares. If Pdk craps out Porsches problem
Old 07-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Spokane5150
Banned

You're just misunderstood Palm.

Don't tell anyone but I was thinking to myself, "Why would anyone buy a PDK or Tiptronic, it's sort of a girls car...right" and you wrote that bit and I thought it was pretty funny. LMFAO

But this is some of your best work yet. It's like Death Metal....I dig it.

Note: I don't care if you own PDK...I just don't think an automatic transmission embodies the full Porsche 911 experience. I can't understand why you don't want to learn how to heel and toe and why you don't want to concentrate on all the techniques that it takes to become a good driver on or off the track. BTW Don't come back to me and tell me that the PDK is 1/10th faster 0-60 mph either and this isn't Formula 1.

Originally Posted by Palmbeacher
Roger that, champ.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:42 PM
hakaida702
Racer

Originally Posted by Spokane5150
You're just misunderstood Palm.

Don't tell anyone but I was thinking to myself, "Why would anyone buy a PDK or Tiptronic, it's sort of a girls car...right" and you wrote that bit and I thought it was pretty funny. LMFAO

But this is some of your best work yet. It's like Death Metal....I dig it.

Note: I don't care if you own PDK...I just don't think an automatic transmission embodies the full Porsche 911 experience. I can't understand why you don't want to learn how to heel and toe and why you don't want to concentrate on all the techniques that it takes to become a good driver on or off the track. BTW Don't come back to me and tell me that the PDK is 1/10th faster 0-60 mph either and this isn't Formula 1.
All of my previous 2nd or 3rd cars for weekend and track driving were all manual transmissions until 3 years ago I was a passenger in a car that got rear ended. I required a 2 level ACDF to stabilize my neck and to hopefully get rid of my neck pain. My neck pain is 90% better, however the stress of the 2 level fusion surgery has caused the level above it to fail so I have really bad shoulder pain and driving stick is just too uncomfortable and painful for anything over 5 minutes. There's a lot of things I can't do on certain days when I'm experiencing extra pain like washing dishes or changing a light bulb because I can't raise my arm over my head. So I just bought a PDK car and I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm going to enjoy it just fine.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Originally Posted by hakaida702
All of my previous 2nd or 3rd cars for weekend and track driving were all manual transmissions until 3 years ago I was a passenger in a car that got rear ended. I required a 2 level ACDF to stabilize my neck and to hopefully get rid of my neck pain. My neck pain is 90% better, however the stress of the 2 level fusion surgery has caused the level above it to fail so I have really bad shoulder pain and driving stick is just too uncomfortable and painful for anything over 5 minutes. There's a lot of things I can't do on certain days when I'm experiencing extra pain like washing dishes or changing a light bulb because I can't raise my arm over my head. So I just bought a PDK car and I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm going to enjoy it just fine.
I certainly would never suggest that Porsche should not cater to people such as yourself, as well as paraplegics, amputees, women brainwashed by their Eisenhower-era mothers, and anyone simply too preoccupied, uncoordinated, or just plain lazy. I daresay Stephen Hawking could drive a 991 with very little modification (to the car).

What I do object to is Porsche's nefarious attempt to segue buyers to the PDK, which would certainly make it cheaper for Porsche if they had to build cars for only one transmission. The 991 is a subliminal effort to make MT less desireable, to wit, raising the lever to a less-than optimal arm height and box it inside the Panamera-like console; and add a seventh gear whilst maintaining the same total gate width, thus placing the others closer together and increasing the odds of missing a change-down and sending the rev counter into the red zone.

Quick Reply: Got my PPI back...thoughts?