Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDK Software Upgrade to 991 Specs??

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:15 PM
slicky rick
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

Like i said brothers, just my opinion. No offense meant khanh. What is important is you are happy. I wish i could you tube this thing while im playing but really do not know how plus i do not have a go pro. I just really like to go! But seriously, when the upgrade to mynpdk what done, it first started with the pdk software being upgraded and the piwis then automatically went to ecu reprogramming and then faults came out that needed torque adaptation. All done in about 20 min.
In normal mode smooth imperceptible shifts. You just realize what gear by looking at the indicator. Smooth accelration on 7th gear not always downshifting on slight press of gas. Paddle shift not really fast. Slight delay.
Sports mode higher rpm gear changes, paddle shift a lot faster, i cannot say immediate or telepathic but a lot more immediate. And the best of all more feel and violent. Yes "violent" meaning you feel e shift when really going, i really like feeling the shift in your back on those redline shifts.
Well i cant go you tube so i tried to describe. Really havent gone sports plus on the new software so not inputs there.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:15 PM
mxp
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
There's probably a good reason why Porsche has torque limits so reliability may be compromised. Nonetheless, if your happy, rock on
Ditto, this + not being certain if you can flash on/off is a major no no while i still have CPO
Old 06-13-2014, 01:44 AM
Farfelc2s
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1016

I tried to read every comment here. I had a 991 911_50 before I went back to my 997.2 and noticed a difference in the PDK shifting. Spent the small fortune at 1016 and loaded it 3 different ways but never noticed any difference at all. Not sure why. The guys at 1016 Industries were great and gave me a complete refund.

Quick Reply: PDK Software Upgrade to 991 Specs??