Sponsored by:

K40 install?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 11:52 AM
majariwr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K40 install?

So have determined that the radar detector in my 2005 997S is a K40 2000. I've located the front sensor (duh! Behind the front plate on the air dam insert), but have no idea where the rear sensor is installed. I am assuming it is behind the rear bumper cover. Can anyone comment on where rear sensors are normally installed? Need to find it because there's a fault (constant "tink tink" every 10 seconds or so) and am hoping it's just a loose connection to the rear sensor. Also, besides the volume controller, is there anything installed under the dash, and is, where? Trying to diagnose this myself in case its a simple fix. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by majariwr; 06-29-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:23 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by majariwr
So have determined that the radar detector in my 2005 997S is a K40 2000. I've located the front sensor (duh! Behind the front plate on the air dam insert), but have no idea where the rear sensor is installed. I am assuming it is behind the rear bumper cover. Can anyone comment on where rear sensors are normally installed? Need to find it because there's a fault (constant "tink tink" every 10 seconds or so) and am hoping it's just a loose connection to the rear sensor. Also, besides the volume controller, is there anything installed under the dash, and is, where? Trying to diagnose this myself in case its a simple fix. Thanks for the help.
I've seen the K40 bluetooth transmitter installed behind the taillights - remove and see if something isn't there.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:47 PM
majariwr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, but I think the 2000 model is wired, not bluetooth. But will check. Easier than removing the rear bumper cover.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:49 PM
PHX 911
Official Rennlist Snake Slayer
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had an 06S with K40 front and rear radar detection. I did not install it, and my guess is the vary a bit from installer to installer. I think there is a general system schematic on caliber's website.
My rear sensor was adjacent to the rear license plate, and the control module was up under the dash, on the passenger side.
Sorry I can't give you more specific info, as I didn't have any trouble with mine, and never messed with it.
Good luck and hope this was helpful.

Quick Reply: K40 install?