Sponsored by:

DRL/LED's

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 11:24 PM
911 Doug
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DRL/LED's

I have searched the web and this site and cannot seem to find a definitive answer regarding LED daytime running lights for my 997.1.

Does anyone know if there is a true plug and play LED DRL out there? All that I have seen require this or that to make the DRL function like it is supposed to. I am looking for something that looks right and is pretty idiot proof. I need some guidance from the pros on this board. Thanks a bunch!

Doug
Old 06-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Here's the situation before you. For the 997.1 cars they have the incandescent driving light that puts out a reasonable amount of light that you can virtually drive around without headlights into the dusk. When you switch over to the LEDs (like I have with RotTec) you lose that level of illumination. Their output is not that high. However, for your requirement for LEDs which are good for being seen, you need to order a set of the RotTec lights and then purchase a module that, once wired in, will give you the daytime running mode that will allow you the ability to simply run them as DRLs without having to turn them on simply as parking lights.

Quick Reply: DRL/LED's