Tubi exhaust Northern, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 472 Likes on 270 Posts
Default Tubi exhaust Northern, NJ

Hey guys,

I'm in Northern NJ, Bergen County and I was wondering if anyone had a Tubi exhaust system that I could meet you and listen to it before I buy it? Anyone close?

Thanks in advance!

Tom
Old 06-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Was going to comment in your other thread...but here goes.

I don't have Tubi, but I did get an AWE cat-back + crossover pipe setup on my .2. I did listen to both, they are different. Two things that are really important: Make sure you listen to a .1 or .2 car if that is what you have. They do sound different. The .2 cars are little more muffled sounding stock. DI? Airbox? Dunno. So I hope you can find someone local. The online clips do not do these justice.

Tubi: great rumble off idle, has a higher-pitched almost exotic type sound under WOT above 5k
AWE: similar great rumble off idle, has a deeper tone under WOT than tubi, less "exotic" sounding but to me it sounded a little more "powerful" I guess I like the deeper growl than the tubi had.

Neither droned, neither were too loud, both can be driven at almost stock sound levels if careful on the go-pedal. Both sound GREAT. And both save at least 20lbs of weight over the stock system.

This is so subjective it's nuts, they are both great systems...

Good luck. I enjoy this upgrade every time I drive. Love it.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:52 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 472 Likes on 270 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Was going to comment in your other thread...but here goes.

I don't have Tubi, but I did get an AWE cat-back + crossover pipe setup on my .2. I did listen to both, they are different. Two things that are really important: Make sure you listen to a .1 or .2 car if that is what you have. They do sound different. The .2 cars are little more muffled sounding stock. DI? Airbox? Dunno. So I hope you can find someone local. The online clips do not do these justice.

Tubi: great rumble off idle, has a higher-pitched almost exotic type sound under WOT above 5k
AWE: similar great rumble off idle, has a deeper tone under WOT than tubi, less "exotic" sounding but to me it sounded a little more "powerful" I guess I like the deeper growl than the tubi had.

Neither droned, neither were too loud, both can be driven at almost stock sound levels if careful on the go-pedal. Both sound GREAT. And both save at least 20lbs of weight over the stock system.

This is so subjective it's nuts, they are both great systems...

Good luck. I enjoy this upgrade every time I drive. Love it.
Thanks so much....nice of you to take the time to respond!

Tom

Quick Reply: Tubi exhaust Northern, NJ