Sponsored by:

In SoCal looking for ppl places and things

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 AM
karamountzos
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts
Default In SoCal looking for ppl places and things

So I just shipped my car to west Hollywood. Looking for some other porsche owners. Maybe a performance shop. Any suggestions on some great driving roads. Tips etc. I will be in need of tires real soon if anyone knows a good shop before I hit the pacific coast hwy. thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Tires: Wheel Enhancement in Culver City. They specialize in p-car wheels/tires along with other high-end cars. Prices are competitive, service is excellent.
Roads: Malibu Canyon and Angeles Crest. PCH for cruising. SoCal has amazing driving roads.
Performance Shops: There are tons. GMG has a great rep in OC. There are many others, many are sponsors of this forum.
Enthusiasts: Cars and Coffee in Irvine every Saturday. Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills every Sunday.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:17 PM
karamountzos
Advanced

Awesome. Great. Thanks. Sunset blvd from west Hollywood towards the water is sick. Palos verdes, the road to lake Elsinore, amazing. I'm having so much fun. I wish I could upload pics. It won't let me yet.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:56 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm not 100% sure but I seem to recall that you need to pay the annual membership fee($17.95/yr) to post pics. Congrats on the new ride and welcome to RL.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:55 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Welcome to SoCal! +1 on Wheel Enhancement, have been their customer for 15+ years. Have fun!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:10 AM
mattyf
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 23 Posts

Angeles Crest is a blast. Try and hit it on a weekday if you can. Weekends are a bust unless you get up real early...too many bicyclists to contend with, also it's heavily patrolled on weekends, so watch out. Upper Big Tuhunga is off the crest and is fun too, also not as crowded.

PCH is scenic, but it doesn't get real twisty until past Cambria, which is almost halfway to Santa Cruz.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyf
Angeles Crest is a blast. Try and hit it on a weekday if you can. Weekends are a bust unless you get up real early...too many bicyclists to contend with, also it's heavily patrolled on weekends, so watch out. Upper Big Tuhunga is off the crest and is fun too, also not as crowded.

PCH is scenic, but it doesn't get real twisty until past Cambria, which is almost halfway to Santa Cruz.
Agreed on AC. So worth taking a day off to enjoy it.

PCH in socal is more of a "cruise" road, especially from belmont shore south to san clemente or north from santa monica to camarillo. Enjoy the views.

Other favorites:
Ortega (weekends). Please watch out for the MC's tho!
A few of the roads in the saddleback area of OC
North county san diego - really enjoy the back roads to julian, 78, 79, the smaller roads, S1, S2, Palomar Mtn road
Just about all the back-roads in Santa Ynez Valley (foxes canyon, etc). Bonus are the wineries along the way. I let the wife taste. And, they are very lightly travelled.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:45 AM
David Weiss
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Head to PCH and then to Topanga. Take Old Topanga to Mulholland and up to Kanan Dune. Take Kanan right to get to the 101 or left to get back to PCH. Nothing better at 6am.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:16 AM
karamountzos
Advanced

Thanks again for the roads. I'll be sure to check them out. Heading to Vegas in the am for my birthday. One night. Going to be a good one! I might stop by the grand canyon

Quick Reply: In SoCal looking for ppl places and things