Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire punctures...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012 | 06:15 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jordanturbo
Brutal, sidewall's are a bitch turns what could be a $30 repair into a $600 replacement. Having a tire shop it only seems fitting that I have a tire repair on one of my vehicles about once a month, but at least when my repairs are un-repairable I can convince a distributor to let me sample or borrow a tire for "product testing" haha
I need a set of SuperSports & skilled installer are you in SoCA. Not satisfied with any of the 8 I have tried so far?
Old 06-19-2012 | 09:47 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Byprodriver
I need a set of SuperSports & skilled installer are you in SoCA. Not satisfied with any of the 8 I have tried so far?
I have used Wheel Enhancement in Culver City exclusively for close at least 15 years. Competitive prices and highly skilled installation (and good guys too).

I did buy 5 year tire and wheel insurance when I got my current TT - $995. Seemed like a no-brainer and I have used it once for a rear tire so far. Also has ding protection. Company is Multi-Shield (bought from Porsche dealer).
Old 06-19-2012 | 11:27 PM
Vancouver-BC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Fantastic. Who did you get a two year warranty with?
Unfortunately it was a special deal offered through Porsche Canada if you purchased your tires through a dealer, in this case MCL.
Old 06-20-2012 | 02:37 AM
jordanturbo
Cardigan Millionaire
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Byprodriver
Nope, your neighbor in the great white north

Find a shop that spends good money on equipment and has a proper touchless mounting machine, even the most inept 16 year old can do decent work with the proper equipment, also look for nice cars in the lot, both staff and customers, what is in their lot can say a lot more than anyone on the front counter will
Old 06-20-2012 | 02:22 PM
Tito_gsx
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear your news Joel....and I know your super sports are pretty new too. I just got supersports to (love them!!) and had a nail patched up last week. Dam construction in vancouver
Old 06-20-2012 | 02:51 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

When I purchased my extended warranty (100,000 miles, ten years) for my 06 the wheel and tire insurance was a nominal option. I went for it. It has paid for 2-3 tires so far. I seemed to have had the majority of my tire issues early on. Within the last 5 years--nothing. Perhaps I'm being better about avoiding bad areas, I don't know. But having the insurance is good for the mind.

Quick Reply: Tire punctures...