Sponsored by:

Where in Los Angeles...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 05:32 AM
David Weiss
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where in Los Angeles...

... Is there a good tuner to do exterior mods like installing GT3 mesh in a GTS front bumper and other slight body modifications? Also, Anyone have a recco for a good tuning shop to instal RS flywheel? Any experience with how Porsche factory warranties feel about a flywheel mod? Much obliged.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:46 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

David:

GT3 grilles won't fit in your GTS. Rennline, among others, makes a set that does - I have them in my GTS (a PDK) as does a friend of mine with a 6-spd GTS. I had mine installed by Craig at Walter's. As to the flywheel question, I'd call Justin, the service manager at Walter's. I've worked with him extensively, having owned 4 different Porsches that I bought there and he'll give you the straight story.

DMoore
'11 GTS
'10 Panamera 4S
Old 06-07-2012, 05:30 AM
David Weiss
AutoX

Thanks a bunch. Interestingly, I bought the GTS from Walter's. Tim Churchill and John Beech were terrific to work with. I could use the ride for fun & break in miles to and fro Santa Monica. I did see the Rennline set and the video and it seems to be the most sorted set. My 6 speed would also require the addl' center adapter to make it work. It is a much better look with practical protection for the radiators. It's also hard not to consider their RS door pull kit - a great throwback and I'm a sucker for classic notes on modern vehicles, especially the GTS, which is slammin'. I had a '06 Mex blue 4S and a '07 GT3 RS and the GTS is truly a hybrid of the two. Thanks again for the leads. DW
Old 06-08-2012, 12:31 AM
Wannabeproracer
Instructor

Hi David,

I had House Automotive (Pasadena) install my Rennline mesh grills, they are an indy shop but did a good job. The tech is an Ex-Dealer service tech and is fully Porsche certified. I'm actually taking my GTS for its first oil change there this Sat.

I used to live in Brentwood too! nice area and great restaurants that I used to walk to...

Best!
Old 06-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by David Weiss
... Is there a good tuner to do exterior mods like installing GT3 mesh in a GTS front bumper and other slight body modifications? Also, Anyone have a recco for a good tuning shop to instal RS flywheel? Any experience with how Porsche factory warranties feel about a flywheel mod? Much obliged.
Changing to a non-dampening flywheel will void the warranty!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Fin Fever
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Byprodriver
Changing to a non-dampening flywheel will void the warranty!
read magnusson moss act
it will only void warranty for any damage directly caused by the aftermarket mod. e.g. if your stereo goes bad after you change the flywheel, they have to honor the warranty.

Quick Reply: Where in Los Angeles...