Sponsored by:

997.2 C2S VarioCam Lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:40 PM
dodo1porsche
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997.2 C2S VarioCam Lift

My 09 C2S, most of the time, briefly hesitates when accelerating, particularly in 1st or 2nd gear, and on throttle pickup in higher gears. When it is hot outside, the hesitation is sometimes associated with knocking. Dealer claims this is normal and results when camshaft adjusts to higher setting.

In 2008, a PCA response to a question about the same issue was that they heard this on quite a few cars and that they were told it is normal.

Now 4 years later, is there any update or resolution to this issue? It is really annoying
Old 06-02-2012, 05:08 PM
bmuhonen
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dodo: I feel your pain. Since new my 09 has exhibited similar issues. Unfortunately, when on the dealer's computer it throws no codes, and in today's world of troubleshooting procedures, no codes = no problems.
Very frustrating to say the least. I'm fairly certain that if that if the dealer were to dig a little deeper and possibly swap out Variocam actuators and/or solenoids the problem might be resolved. Dealer can also apparently manually cycle each Variocam bank on the computer which should indicate proper operation. From the dealer's perspective though, they must be able to verify potential problems (codes) in order to get reimbursed for any warranty work performed. If I could just get it to throw some codes ........

Quick Reply: 997.2 C2S VarioCam Lift