Sponsored by:

the info on the door jam's sticker

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 01:12 AM
robwebb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the info on the door jam's sticker

For insurance purposes, I am trying to establish the manufacture date of my 08C4. Member Jim has kindly suggested that the sticker on the door jam might reveal the month/year. The information there, in addition to color code and tire pressures has a string of digits in a very small font that read: 997.701287.26. Does that reveal the month & year of manufacture? many thanks again.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:05 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

See the post I just made in your other thread!
Old 05-12-2012, 03:01 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

I think you're looking at the wrong sticker. This is the one with the info you want. It's located on the edge of the driver's door itself, not the jamb, at least on my car.

Edit: This sticker is a U.S. requirement. I don't know if you have something similar in New Zealand.
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Johnnywood (09-07-2022)
Old 05-12-2012, 05:27 AM
robwebb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I think you're looking at the wrong sticker. This is the one with the info you want. It's located on the edge of the driver's door itself, not the jamb, at least on my car.

Edit: This sticker is a U.S. requirement. I don't know if you have something similar in New Zealand.
Thanks for the pic and the info, Mike. There is no similar sticker on the door of mine. I guess there is no such requirement for anything similar for the NZ (Australasian) market.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:04 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by robwebb
For insurance purposes, I am trying to establish the manufacture date of my 08C4. Member Jim has kindly suggested that the sticker on the door jam might reveal the month/year. The information there, in addition to color code and tire pressures has a string of digits in a very small font that read: 997.701287.26. Does that reveal the month & year of manufacture? many thanks again.
Publish your VIN and maybe we can figure it out comparing it to others.

Quick Reply: the info on the door jam's sticker