Sponsored by:

Porsche sales ... OMG

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 03:36 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I try my best to maintain control of the deal when buying a car-

When I buy new, I do it over the phone. For instance, last spring I bought my wife a new Land Rover LR4. I took off a Friday, and began calling the 36 dealerships west of the Mississipi to check on inventory. My wife had an idea what features and colors she wanted, and by noon we had the list down to 8 cars at various dealerships. I then began to haggle on price for those 8 cars, and I told my wife what features combo was looking to be the best deal. Once down to 2 (identical features), I called all of the dealerships back to back and let them battle for my business telling each about their competitors (dealership name, car features, etc.) By 5pm, I had put a deposit on the "winner" and booked a ticket to Reno, NV to pick up the car Saturday morning. By 5pm Saturday, the keys were in my wife's hand. Net savings was $2500 off the local dealers "best" price, and that includes my deduction for airfare and gas.

I have been buying new cars in this manner since 2002 and I get great deals. The simple rule is "never get emotional about a car"...

My $0.02,
-Blake
Old 05-12-2012, 06:22 PM
sy308
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not call Porsh North America and tell them how unprofessional your conversation was?
Old 05-18-2012, 11:45 AM
socalbusdev
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by am722
"Porsh" doesn't bother me at all; I pronounce it that way to everyone except other owners. If I owned a "Jagyooar," I'd probably pronounce it "Jagwire" everywhere but the dealership.

The 996 vs. 997 thing is a different matter.
Try owning a "Touareg" V10 as your second vehicle. Do you just go with tore-egg or the full tew-ahhh-rrreeg? LOL.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:03 PM
pbarch1
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A long time ago when I bought my first Porsche the gentleman I bought my car from quickly corrected me when I said "Porsh" He said " you wouldn't call your country a c*nt would you?"
Never really forgot that....
Old 05-18-2012, 05:57 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She's in it to win it... Yikes!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I thought I would post back and mention that Porsche Norwell made good on the whole warranty fumble. I brought the Spyder in this morning and they immediately got it into the bay and started working on it. Within an hour they had finished the install, aiming the light and performing the state inspection. To make up for the mess they didn't charge me for the inspection or the touch up paint I picked up during my initial visit.

At least they acknowledged their error and did their best to make up for it.

Quick Reply: Porsche sales ... OMG