Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tiny movement of passenger window during startup

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Fahrer
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I have to admit that I have recently noticed this with my car as well. Actually, more recently, I have been opening the passenger door, placing one or two items on the passenger seat, close the door, and then open the driver door. I climb in, get settled, turn the ignition ( without depressing the clutch pedal)to check the oil. This is when I notice the passenger widow going up that last ~1/2 inch. I am not sure if it goes down and then up or if it just goes up ( perhaps after not closing from before?). I will need to pay closer attention next time.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:30 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

When I first picked up my car, I noticed the exact same situation that when you place the key in the ignition and start the car, the passenger window moves downward 1/2 inch and then back up.

Brought it to the dealer and they were not aware of such is situation and replaced my window regulator. No change. Then they realized all the 997s do that after checking 2 other cars.

Factory design for something...I guess.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:43 AM
FiatCoupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's as if it's checking the maximum up position of the windows. It's already done this when you closed the drivers door and it is also checking the passenger door.

Don't know why it would want to do this as there is already a manual procedure for resetting this (all the way down then all the way up) for when you replace the glass or disconnect the battery.

John
Old 05-23-2012, 09:39 PM
cpbmd
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
Okay, I've been known to drive the long route just to get more time behind the wheel, but you are my hero if you drove 91 hours to go to Costco! And, I know that there are Costco's within 5 hours of any where in NH. Go for it!

And, I too drive a 2007 C2 Midnight Blue/Sand Beige, Full Leather, Bose, Navigation, Bi Xenons, Heated Power Seats.

That was a typo. I drove 1 hour to Costco in Nashua. I am going to do the same thing tomorrow. I like the drive and the challenge of getting all the stuff in my car. I also like the looks people give me when I open the Frunk.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:58 AM
ffwd
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My '12 997.2 has this feature, or a variant. Passenger window (sometimes) goes up (without going down first) by about 2 mm when switching on ignition, if the passenger door had not been opened and closed on that ignition cycle. I guess it probably went down by 2mm when opening the driver's door.
Dealer has said this can be corrected/adjusted next time I bring the car in; he's probably referring to the reset procedure explained in the owner's manual. I've done that, but it is not a lasting "fix". So, I'm thinking this is officially one of the secret "features". Can we hit 4 pages on this thread?
Old 09-28-2013, 07:03 PM
hansel1151
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also standard on 2014 base coupe. Glad to see it's a feature.

Quick Reply: Tiny movement of passenger window during startup