Sponsored by:

Need Part # for MOST ring wrap-back part

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 08:32 PM
denVerSlube
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Part # for MOST ring wrap-back part

Based on my searches it sounds like I just need a part to reconnect my MOST ring.

I had some spare time this weekend and decided to free up a bit of frunk space that was being wasted by a non-functioning (and not missed) CDC-4 multi-disk player. I got the the player out and pulled out the connectors - only to get the dreaded PCM: "SYSTEM ERROR! Amplifier, CD Changer not available" message.

After a pulling the PCM fuses and seeing that a "re-discovery" wasn't going to clear things up I did a search and found this thread: <<https://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-cayenne-forum/405546-system-error.html>>

It sounds like my MOST was set up as a ring going through the CDC-4 (oh joy). It also sounds like what's "needed [is] to link the two fibres together to complete the loop. One was supplied with your mobridge unit. Whoever installed it did not know what they were doing. Call Scott at mObridge and ask his advice. Its an easy fix if you can find the part. it looks link a plastic ring with a connector at its root."

Unfortunately, I didn't buy a mObridge (although I am considering it for fathers' day). Does anybody know the part # that I can order from Suncoast or pick up from my local P-dealer, or do I need to go 3rd party like mObridge?

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Need Part # for MOST ring wrap-back part