Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need your help - steps for disabiling the "spoiler failure" warning

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:25 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

CEL for O2 sensors is IMHO only removable if you go with aftermarket ECU flash like softronic but if there is an option hidden somewhere in the PIWIS config to 'turn off post-cat O2 sensors' i would love to hear about it. i am using softronic flash for it.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:32 PM
tcouture
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MikeJim
Is it a simple fix with the right tool?
Removing the CEL is fairly easy. The hard part is to sop it from reappearing...

If you have low CEL cats, you could either put "minicats" to trick the oxygen sensors or get a different load for your ECU that has different o2 thresholds (Softronic, EvoMSIT, GIAC, etc.) to stop the alarm from being triggered.

But removing the alarm is easy in my experience if you have a Durametric cable...

T.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:34 PM
MikeJim
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabspeed 02 sensors

I paid Fabspeed $150 for a pair of 02 sensors that they claimed would eliminate the CEL. They didn't.

In fact, one of them snapped off at the weld after a few weeks. I called Fabspeed and they said they wouldn't warranty the sensors because I welded it back on after it broke.

They also said I could get the CEL to reset by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. They were right. Everything reset...for about 10 minutes. Then the CEL returned.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:37 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

well... with 200 cell cats _may_be_ if you put sensors on extender tubes it may help. but imho most people eventually get CEL back. with no cats at all or with 100 cell cats it will not help most likely.
you can try to shop for O2 sensor simulators - i think i saw it on Ebay somewhere sometime. no idea if this can fool Porsche ECU.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:40 PM
tcouture
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FVD (which is normally considered pretty reputable) sells those:
http://www.fvd.de/ch/en/Porsche-0/-/...inicat%29.html

I have not tried them personally,

T.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:22 PM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have used those on other cars, and they do work. Never tried it on a Porsche, but the principle is the same.
Old 04-05-2023, 07:22 PM
Gdjsk
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
Hope you guys can help. I have recently installed a ducktail spoiler on my 997. This is a total replacement of the rear decklid. As such the computer now thinks I have a failure of the spoiler deployment feature and it throwing an error once I exceed 75.

I understand that this setting can be reprogrammed in the computer. My indie does not know how to do this but is more than will to figure it out at my expense. So in the attempt to save myself some $ my indie has agreed that if I can deliver the steps to him he will only charge the time it takes.

Does anyone have the steps to reprogram this that I could share with the indie?

Thanks much

Matt
Hello, did you find solution?

Quick Reply: Need your help - steps for disabiling the "spoiler failure" warning