Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peeling climate control buttons - a new solution ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 04:35 PM
snethss
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

black plastidip
i just saved you $100

Old 08-16-2021, 05:09 PM
smadill
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by snethss
black plastidip
i just saved you $100
and the wheels while I’m there 👍
Old 08-16-2021, 08:39 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 217 Posts

Anyone use Clima replacements successfully and can help me understand why I can get mine to work right? They seem to sort of flop around in the sockets, and now I basically don't have AC. The video on their site was... sub-optimal... and I'm pretty concerned.
Old 08-16-2021, 08:56 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 753 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by Hootsama
Anyone use Clima replacements successfully and can help me understand why I can get mine to work right? They seem to sort of flop around in the sockets, and now I basically don't have AC. The video on their site was... sub-optimal... and I'm pretty concerned.
You didn’t install them correctly then. They shouldn’t flop around. There are multiple instructional videos on YouTube if you search by 997 Climate Control that can help. It is important to make sure you insert what he calls the the plungers in the right way prior to putting the switches back in or else they won’t work right. I put them in the wrong way and had to redo it (luckily before reinserting the unit back). There are other better videos out there, but this one does show how he inserts the plungers.

Climate control switch replacement:
https://youtu.be/LC9dGUOGoao

Last edited by Carreralicious; 08-16-2021 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-16-2021, 10:49 PM
Hootsama
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Carreralicious
You didn’t install them correctly then. They shouldn’t flop around. There are multiple instructional videos on YouTube if you search by 997 Climate Control that can help. It is important to make sure you insert what he calls the the plungers in the right way prior to putting the switches back in or else they won’t work right. I put them in the wrong way and had to redo it (luckily before reinserting the unit back). There are other better videos out there, but this one does show how he inserts the plungers.

Climate control switch replacement:
https://youtu.be/LC9dGUOGoao
Thank you, sir! Indeed I did install them incorrectly. All is now well, and if they hold up, I'll be a huge fan!!
The following users liked this post:
Carreralicious (08-16-2021)

Quick Reply: Peeling climate control buttons - a new solution ?