Sponsored by:

991 deivered

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
Why do we feel the need to ridicule a 991 in a thread where someone has just announced that he just took delivery of one? Seems like the two best options are to not say anything at all (if you dont like the 991) or congratulate the OP on his new toy/arrival/car.

Alternatively there are 1500 other threads lamenting the GT nature of the 991, the absence of pendulum dynamics, whether a GTS is better, the 997 is the last true 911, i could afford a 991 but didnt buy it etc. - you could keep going in any one of those.

To the OP - congrats on your new purchase, hope you enjoy it. If not there are thousands of older Porsche's you could buy
No one was ridiculing the 991. What you protest as ridicule was return fire as to the unprovoked sand in the eyes thrown by the usual 997 "haters". No, they are not really haters but just love to kick sand in the face of those who still love their 997s. Why didn't you to ridicule Boolala for his statements? Just saying. Don't really care but there seems to be a double standrad here which seems like its cricket to knock the 997 but a foul to God forbid say anything bad about the 991.

I know it's silly to say "they started it" but the fact of the matter is thats the fact.

991 is a beautiful car and an evolution with higher levels of performance. Agreed. Whats "better".. thats another issue all together.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:40 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
No one was ridiculing the 991. What you protest as ridicule was return fire as to the unprovoked sand in the eyes thrown by the usual 997 "haters". No, they are not really haters but just love to kick sand in the face of those who still love their 997s. Why didn't you to ridicule Boolala for his statements? Just saying. Don't really care but there seems to be a double standrad here which seems like its cricket to knock the 997 but a foul to God forbid say anything bad about the 991.

I know it's silly to say "they started it" but the fact of the matter is thats the fact.

991 is a beautiful car and an evolution with higher levels of performance. Agreed. Whats "better".. thats another issue all together.
Dude - First of all i have a 997 so I dont view myself as the ambassador for the 991. Secondly, IT IS silly to say they started it. BooLaLa just said it was better. You can let that go - its his opinion. My buddies think a Mercedes S class or a 7 series BMW is better than my 997 - i dont have to get my back up when they say they dont care for the 911. Or that their Seiko quartz is better and tells better time than my Panerai etc. Thirdly, this is a thread about someone getting a new car, we dont need to come in here and get all sarcastic about that model, the symposer, the lettering etc., that's just rude - dont you agree?
Old 04-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

I agree that we all need to take a deep breath and step back from the bickering. I am happy for the OP and can state he chose a great car.

Both 997 and 991 are world class cars. What's needed here is respect for what others like and their choices. However, on appropriate threads opinions of likes and dislikes is all fair game.

We all make choices on whats "better" to us and should respect the choice others have made. When some come in and say this car is "better in every way" than that one don't tell me you are surprised that noses get tweaked and the bickering begins. i think there are some here that do it intentionally...not mentioning any names but.......

Cheers.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:53 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 866 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
I agree that we all need to take a deep breath and step back from the bickering. I am happy for the OP and can state he chose a great car.

Both 997 and 991 are world class cars. What's needed here is respect for what others like and their choices. However, on appropriate threads opinions of likes and dislikes is all fair game.

We all make choices on whats "better" to us and should respect the choice others have made. When some come in and say this car is "better in every way" than that one don't tell me you are surprised that noses get tweaked and the bickering begins. i think there are some here that do it intentionally...not mentioning any names but.......

Cheers.
Amen to that..
Old 04-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

No one, as far as I know, has ever accused me of being a peace-maker, but I hope that someday the 997 group will evolve to something like the 993 group. ~12 years out of production the 993 seems to have found it's happy place in the Porsche hierarchy.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:42 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Can we get back on topic here?

Quick Reply: 991 deivered