Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle saga continues

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:50 PM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow. That is very interesting and exactly what I have been experiencing. Thanks for the tip
Old 04-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

bought a durametric and i have the following fault code. is anyone familiar with this or know what part needs fixing? the whole throttle body? or just a part within?

P2126
Throttle valve adjusting unit – potentiometer
NOTE
When a fault is detected, the system is in stand-by operation mode in pedal sensor, i.e.:
---Maximum pedal value is limited to 30 %.
---Dynamism is limited.
Diagnostic conditions
---Supply voltage 10 V ... 16 V
---Engine start
Possible fault causes
---Open circuit, short circuit to B+ or short circuit to ground in the sensor line to potentiometer 1 or 2 of the throttle valve adjusting unit
---Throttle valve adjusting unit faulty
---DME control module faulty
Old 05-10-2012, 04:19 PM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

I am providing hopefully the final update and conclusion to what has been an expensive journey towards the diagnosis of a very elusive problem. Turns out my problem was a bad wheel speed sensor on the front driver's side wheel that was triggering the cut in my throttle. Others have had similar symptoms due to a faulty brake sensor. Bottom line is with a drive by wire system, any of a number of sensors can trigger a cut in the throttle as if the car is in a spin or braking. Hope this helps some folks in the future
Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ajayabb
I am providing hopefully the final update and conclusion to what has been an expensive journey towards the diagnosis of a very elusive problem. Turns out my problem was a bad wheel speed sensor on the front driver's side wheel that was triggering the cut in my throttle. Others have had similar symptoms due to a faulty brake sensor. Bottom line is with a drive by wire system, any of a number of sensors can trigger a cut in the throttle as if the car is in a spin or braking. Hope this helps some folks in the future
oh man that's annoying. but glad it's fixed for you. btw, do you know what DME fault code it was throwing? or can you ask the tech?

at the track this past wknd, an '01 turbo was getting an ABS/PSM failure which was preventing even normal driving, much less, track time. so i read the codes with my duramet. want to know what the it was? MAF sensor. i mean......are you KIDDING me??? why would that trigger ABS/PSM??? just goes to show how (needlessly?) complicated these things are!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:38 AM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spiffyjiff
oh man that's annoying. but glad it's fixed for you. btw, do you know what DME fault code it was throwing? or can you ask the tech?

at the track this past wknd, an '01 turbo was getting an ABS/PSM failure which was preventing even normal driving, much less, track time. so i read the codes with my duramet. want to know what the it was? MAF sensor. i mean......are you KIDDING me??? why would that trigger ABS/PSM??? just goes to show how (needlessly?) complicated these things are!
The only fault my car threw was a brief one indicating a faulty left front wheel sensor. That was what finally led us to the solution
Old 05-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So the code would clear itself after a while? (the wheel sensor fault)

I would expect such sensor faults to stay logged until they cleared.

If the fault did show up in a scan, was it just initially discounted as the cause of the problem?
Old 05-11-2012, 05:13 PM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

It faulted and was logged just once while the dealer had it. It seems that it wouldn't trigger a fault all the other times. Dumb luck I guess
Old 03-08-2014, 10:55 AM
Captsteve123
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well this has happened to me 4 times today. Now it is time to check with PSM off.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:55 PM
nickgo
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having this exact issue. Will order the switch on Monday and hope that fixes it.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:08 AM
ajayabb
Rennlist Member

Good luck !
Old 07-24-2019, 07:58 PM
ike seruya
2nd Gear

hey ajayabb, can you elaborate on your problem? my '06S with 45k miles (about 15k track?) has had a throttle "non-response" issue twice this week. imagine being in 6th gear at 25mph and how, when you punch the gas, almost nothing happens except for a VERY slow, gradual speed/RPM climb, right? well this has happened twice to me this week, but at 25mph and in 3rd gear (or any gear for that matter - i try shifting down and up but that doesnt clear the problem). oddly, i forgot to try to put it in neutral and rev engine but will try that next time. so, anyway, the way i cleared it was to simply shut off/back on the car quickly. seemed to clear it. like nothing ever happened. and there have been no warnings or CEL's thrown.

does this sound like your issue? i am researching fuel pumps and throttle body plates now but since turning off car clears it, i'm afraid it might be electrical somehow??
I have the same problem did you ever find a solution I changed my pedal about 2 month ago and the same problem came back
Old 07-25-2019, 08:39 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ike seruya
I have the same problem did you ever find a solution I changed my pedal about 2 month ago and the same problem came back
more: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...on-sensor.html
Old 07-25-2019, 09:53 AM
ike seruya
2nd Gear

thank you
Old 12-02-2019, 06:40 AM
RajuPatel
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I have had this issue for some time in my 2007 Porsche 997.1 TT Tiptronic. The car would accelerate normally. Boost develops very well. Then around 150kmph the car looses power. it keeps on accelerating but it takes a lifetime to reach 250kmph speed (at full boost). The other day on the track the same problem occurred. scanned. NO faults.. except sone inconsequential ones related to rear lights failure. Cleared everything. Same problem again. Have tried doing this with PSM ON and OFF. No difference. extremely frustrating. AND the problem is erratic. it happens 75% to 80% of the time.

Quick Reply: Throttle saga continues