Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

C63AMG or M3 sedan

new M5 if your budget allows
Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 PM
JMA
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The other evening my wife was driving our BMW 6 and we pulled up next to a C63 AMG Sedan. It was a youngish guy driving with another guy in the passenger seat so I told her to inch forward incrementally and try to bait him into giving us a show. Like Pavlov's dog, the guy floored it and that C63 took off like a rocket. It was probably only as fast as the 997S (which is markedly faster than the BMW 6), but the sound that C63 made as it rumbled down the street was magical.

After a Ferrari (in second gear at 8K RPMs) it was the sweetest sound I have heard come from a street car. This was about 3 weeks ago and I still think about it daily. Yes, I have PSE on my 997S. No, I don't like the sound of V10 engines.

While I'm not sure about the whole "C-class sedan & AMG" dichotomy, that AMG-63 motor was something special. Aural **** is what it sounded like to me! I may have to check out that motor more closely when it is time for a new car for her. If only the CL63 AMG wasn't so overly priced...it would be a perfect car for her......although our last foray with MBZ was one filled with visits to the dealership for way too many issues over the life of that car....I'll bet I had $20K of repairs...thank goodness I had the extended warranty and I sold that car the same month the warranty expired.

Quick Reply: i thinkin to trade w c63