Sponsored by:

PCM/GPS receiving no satellites

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cviles
Recently had my indy shop do the major maintenance cycle and looks like they didn't reconnect the antenna lead properly and I had 0 satellites. With the info here it took five minutes to find and reconnect the antenna. After a quick roll around the parking lot, all is well again.
<facepalm> Mechanics who unplug things for convenience and then forget to plug them back in.... bad mechanics. Sheesh.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:34 PM
SecretAsianMan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having this problem too, but after pulling off the plastic cowling under the hood I only see one cable and the connector is WAY under there - I don't know how you guys reach it.

Are you somehow pulling out the plastic trim right up against the windshield?
Old 12-14-2014, 04:00 AM
ft015254
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are two cables. I did set it back using a mirror. I removed the filter under the GPS antenna.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:35 PM
SecretAsianMan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. The cables appeared fine, so I did some more research and apparently you can reboot the PCM by hold 1, 4, and 8. A few minutes later and everything is back to normal!
Old 07-17-2015, 11:06 PM
widebodytarga
Instructor

Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm having the same issue. I tried checking that the gps antenna is plugged in and it appears to be ok. I only see one cable with a blue end however. Does anyone have a pic of the second cable?

Also, I want to unplug the blue cable to inspect the leads inside the clip. How does it come off?
Old 11-17-2021, 02:45 AM
mrjhappyman
1st Gear

Default No GPS signal

Last week my car suddenly lost its correct date and was showing on the GPS that I was in the North Sea. On the information tab it showed zero satellites. I took it to my nearest Porsche garage and after 30 minutes they had found that the main gps signal cable under the windscreens was fine, however there is another located under the front bumper and once plugged in and the car took outside the unit gathered the signal! and everything has been great .

Old 12-30-2021, 07:55 PM
997Turbo-Bill
6th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default A little more info please...

Originally Posted by mrjhappyman
Last week my car suddenly lost its correct date and was showing on the GPS that I was in the North Sea. On the information tab it showed zero satellites. I took it to my nearest Porsche garage and after 30 minutes they had found that the main gps signal cable under the windscreens was fine, however there is another located under the front bumper and once plugged in and the car took outside the unit gathered the signal! and everything has been great .
What model Porsche is this on and do you have any further details on where this other connecter in the front bumper is?
Old 07-20-2022, 04:14 PM
lewaner
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Live in WI.... GPS now shows me Grinnell, IA.... maps can't find home after a new windshield install. Its taking 10 days to get into the Porsche Dealership... the Porsche Body Shop put the glass in? How difficult is it to get the cowling/fasca off the right side "A" pillar? 2011 911 Turbo S

Quick Reply: PCM/GPS receiving no satellites