Help! There's a monster in my garage!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Congrats Mike!

Atlas Grey is one of the best current colors available IMHO. It looks incredible when polished and waxed. Nice options on your car too. The full leather is a treat, especially after you condition it and get the full aroma of the leather hitting you when you open the door.

Enjoy in good health.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:59 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich.
Mike,

So happy for you and the family! It was a pleasure working with you. You were not a PITA at all! Wish I had more customers like yourself. Enjoy and call me if you need anything.

Ps get rid of the amber markers! Should have gotten you a set of those.
Never too late!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Enjoy the thrills Mike. Nice car

Shiny side up !
Old 03-29-2012, 06:55 PM
KBS911
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 81 Posts

Wow, beautiful car. You have all the really important options too. Congrtulations, you got a good one!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:47 PM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 136 Posts

Thanks, all, for the kind words. I find myself looking for any excuse to run errands.

But I gotta tell ya, those sport seats are tricky. I'm still trying to find the right position so they stop hurting my lower back. I'm currently keeping the seatback a little more upright. Maybe that'll work...
Old 03-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

The color is amazing. Love the overall classic look of it. How does the sport exhaust sound? Enjoy in good health.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:49 PM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Riz
The color is amazing. Love the overall classic look of it. How does the sport exhaust sound? Enjoy in good health.
Exhaust sounds good. The only issue is that it's controlled with the "Sport" button, so it goes along with the re-mapped throttle, which I've found a little tweaky, and the firmer suspension, which is a little tight for my liking (especially with my current sport-seat-related-back-issue I'm trying to work out). The suspension can be put back to "soft" by re-pressing the PASM suspension button, so that's good.

But what was your question? Oh - the PSE sound. It's cool and definitely noticeable from inside the cabin. Lower and more aggressive. But I'm not much of a "hey look at me and my Porsche" guy, so I'm not a huge fan of loudly burbling around town. I'd rather go about my business, quietly watching cars disappear in my rear view mirror. That's another reason I chose a relatively understated color. I want to drive my Porsche without screaming, "HEY! I'm driving my Porsche!!"

I also find I'm trying to be extra super nice to everyone while I'm on the road. Way more than usual. Trying not to be "the dick in the 911."
But I digress...

The PSE is a neat plus. Some people swear by it. So far (in my 30 hours of P-car experience) I don't. It's fine, but I wouldn't let the lack of it get in the way of my purchase.

- Mike
Old 03-29-2012, 11:13 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

red connector at top right area under engine cover - disconnect it to have PSE on all the time w/o sport being on
Old 03-29-2012, 11:44 PM
J. Kid
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mgordon18
Thanks, all, for the kind words. I find myself looking for any excuse to run errands.

But I gotta tell ya, those sport seats are tricky. I'm still trying to find the right position so they stop hurting my lower back. I'm currently keeping the seatback a little more upright. Maybe that'll work...
It took me 3 months to find "the perfect position". I'm so glad to have memory seats so it's not lost when the Mrs. Drives it. You'll be amazed at how slight changes in seat back angle, seat height and seat bottom angle and distance from the clutch pedal can effect low back comfort. It is all about finding the neutral spine position that can be maintained while still working the clutch. It would probably be easier to be comfortable without a clutch but for some of us we would never consider it.

Awesome car. Enjoy! And if the back keeps bothering you after a few weeks of seat fiddling find a good Physical Therapist to evaluate your position to help you out.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:49 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 110 Posts

Great looking car with some great options. I think the PSE, Sportshifter and the Sport Seats are my 3 must haves...
Old 03-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think all 911 s should be delivered on rainy days so people can get that out of the way and enjoy their cars!

Nice ride - enjoy!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:05 AM
mgordon18
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PasPar2
red connector at top right area under engine cover - disconnect it to have PSE on all the time w/o sport being on
I've read about this, but I've also heard of people disconnecting that plug, leaving it that way for a few years, then when they plug it back in it no longer works correctly...

BTW - clear side markers are on order.

- M
Old 03-30-2012, 08:14 AM
DHC
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Looks great. Love the Atlas Gray, obviously!

Now drive the daylights out of that thing.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:18 AM
DHC
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rich.
Mike,

So happy for you and the family! It was a pleasure working with you. You were not a PITA at all! Wish I had more customers like yourself. Enjoy and call me if you need anything.

Ps get rid of the amber markers! Should have gotten you a set of those.
+1 on getting clear sidemarkers. Makes a HUGE difference.

Check out Bumper Plugs (no affiliation).
Old 03-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mgordon18

My wife had the same issues with lower back aching with these seats.

It took her a while but she found a comfortable setting.....kinda

Quick Reply: Help! There's a monster in my garage!