Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Views on Fabspeed Max Flo Performance Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 PM
jpsjr70
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mjsporsche, I had the full setup done at Fabspeed on my 08 Porsche 911S and I can tell you that it was the best money I spent on the car! Hands down the look is awesome and the sound is perfect! I wanted a little more sound but not annoying and that is what I got! I was going to have it installed at Body Motion in Ocean, but I decided to take it straight to Fabspeed and their price was perfect and it was great to tour the shop and see what they were up too! All I can say is that you will love it!

Joe
Old 03-26-2012, 09:37 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,140 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by jpsjr70
mjsporsche, I had the full setup done at Fabspeed on my 08 Porsche 911S and I can tell you that it was the best money I spent on the car! Hands down the look is awesome and the sound is perfect! I wanted a little more sound but not annoying and that is what I got! I was going to have it installed at Body Motion in Ocean, but I decided to take it straight to Fabspeed and their price was perfect and it was great to tour the shop and see what they were up too! All I can say is that you will love it!

Joe
When you say full setup, what do you mean? Maxflo mufflers,x-pipe, cat, headers, ecu flash?
Old 03-26-2012, 10:06 PM
jpsjr70
AutoX

Yes, except no ecu update. The car is still under warranty and I don't want to go that route yet. I did headers, x-pipe, mufflers, tips, 200cell cats.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Skibum
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Very nice. Just standard Borla tips?
With the Borla Cans the tips are permanently attached to individual pipes back to the muffler. No fake splitter.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:46 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by jpsjr70

Joe
Joe,

Thanks for your thoughts. I would very much like to hear your system. If you would be so kind to meet up, PM me as to making arrangements. I live in Morganville (Marlboro) NJ. Do you attend the C&C in Shrewsbury NJ on the 2nd Saturday of everyone month?

Mark
Old 03-27-2012, 01:11 PM
vern1
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 79 Posts

Headers, mufflers, tips, cross pipes etc add up to a lot of dough pretty fast. As the other guy said, he would have just done the gundo and thats what i did. Get sound, low cost. I dont get all the shiny bit allure and certainly wouldnt pay for it. The only guy that gets to appreciate it is your mechanic and you (if you ever get under the car). I would try the gundo and if you really dont like it then you can go the more expensive routes.

Fister is a great guy and product. i have his cans on my 993. That being said, I am know going to google the fister sisters....
Old 03-27-2012, 09:14 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Thanks to everyone for your feedback on the Fabspeed MaxFlo mufflers.

I was able to find a very slightly used pair for a very fair price. Hope to have them installed end of next week. I will keep you posted as to my impressions.

Thanks again. Mark
Old 03-30-2012, 02:04 AM
Turn3 Autosport
Former Vendor

If we can help anyone with a Fabspeed exhaust purchase let us know! Rennlist special pricing!

Cheers
Old 04-16-2012, 11:24 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pacific Western Performance
If we can help anyone with a Fabspeed exhaust purchase let us know! Rennlist special pricing!

Cheers
Lower than Fabspeed direct RL pricing?
Old 04-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Turn3 Autosport
Former Vendor

Perhaps....
Old 04-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Steve/K2WE
Advanced

I installed the fabSpeed max-flo system on my '07 targa 4 almost 2 years ago. The actual mufflers are 1/2 the size of the factory ones. They sound normal at low speed but really sound great at higher speeds. I have the dual tips on mine and get so many positive comments. It was well worth the expense and took about 2 1/2 hours to install.

Steve in Saratoga Springs, NY
Old 04-18-2012, 11:46 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Will Fabspeed sides work with Sharkwerks centre bypass?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Will Fabspeed sides work with Sharkwerks centre bypass?
As long as they are designed to fit a 997.2, they will fit (work with) the Sharkwerks center bypass pipes.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:36 AM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vern1
Headers, mufflers, tips, cross pipes etc add up to a lot of dough pretty fast. As the other guy said, he would have just done the gundo and thats what i did. Get sound, low cost. I dont get all the shiny bit allure and certainly wouldnt pay for it. The only guy that gets to appreciate it is your mechanic and you (if you ever get under the car). I would try the gundo and if you really dont like it then you can go the more expensive routes.

Fister is a great guy and product. i have his cans on my 993. That being said, I am know going to google the fister sisters....

Vern, even though many won't admit it, I'm sure lots of guys are thinking as you about the google search. Then I thought about the frequent RL poster who tags my ISP address everytime I post and thought again...
Old 04-21-2012, 11:59 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
Fister...maybe it's just me but I don;t think I could get myself to purchase this brand.
LOL! Sorry you don't approve of my last name
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Views on Fabspeed Max Flo Performance Mufflers