Opening Pandora's box?!? - MODS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Wannabeproracer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opening Pandora's box?!? - MODS

Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of doing my first mod, that being changing my brakelines to stainless steel and changing the stock brake fluid with Motul RBF660..

Any recommendations on the SSB? I've used Goodridge in my past cars and I'm leaning towards that...

Should I replace the clutch line with Stainless steel lines and replace the fluid with the Motul RBF660 as well?
Old 03-15-2012, 01:16 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice first mod.

A RL site sponsor has an add in classifieds for SS brake lines. Good lines at a good price.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=68228

No good reason to do the clutch line.

GL with the modding and have fun!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:51 PM
PTParks
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wannabeproracer
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of doing my first mod, that being changing my brakelines to stainless steel and changing the stock brake fluid with Motul RBF660..

Any recommendations on the SSB? I've used Goodridge in my past cars and I'm leaning towards that...

Should I replace the clutch line with Stainless steel lines and replace the fluid with the Motul RBF660 as well?
Good start. Resist the temptation to go overboard. the mod bug is insidious. I've seen P cars with every modification that could be done to the point it was hard to see the original car underneath. A mod should be good for you and the car; take it slow and think your changes through carefully. Usually the best mods are the ones you can't see (read: stealth). Good luck and have fun!!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:01 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,060 Likes on 546 Posts

I took a look at the link and was surprised to see the Spiegler lines are assemble in Dayton, OH. They appear to make e a quality product.

If I wanted a set of stainless lines I would seriously consider the lines from Spiegler.

Porsche still uses the factory rubber reinforced lines in their racing line of cars.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:06 PM
GolfTango3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first mod I have generally favored is getting an extra set of wheels and tires for the track.

Also, I just put on a center muffler bypass. Easily some of the best money I have ever spent. Made the car twice as fun to drive. Blood curdling at WOT.

Quick Reply: Opening Pandora's box?!? - MODS