Sponsored by:

Bolster and headrest protectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:01 PM
YseanY
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolster and headrest protectors

With GT2 bucket seats, I've always been very cautious when entering and exiting the car. However, that may not always be the case with passengers, most of which have not sat in bucket seats and have a hard time getting in and out. So I decided to make something that would help protect it! After showing the forums members, there are a lot of interests in buying these so I've decided to produce a one time run on these! The details are below.

These protectors are made in the USA and use Ultrasuede. The grey color is a very close match to our Porsche Alcantara, however, it is not 100% (I can get these made in black as well). The the protectors are attached to the bolster at 3 points below.

1. With a hook-and-loop (aka Velcro) to wrap around the belt hole near the back rest.
2. With a hook (aka Velcro) at the front to adhere underneath the cushion.
3. Two gromets tied to the seat mounts with elastic drawcords.

These protectors were made for my personal GT2 buckets seats but with the 996GT3 bucket seat measurements, these would them as well. I would venture to say they will fit the Euro 997 bucket seats but I'll need some measurements to confirm. If anyone is interested in that, please PM me so I can have you take some measurements.

The cost of these protectors is $130/pair shipped within the contiguous 48 states. I will need a $25/set deposit via paypal and the balance will be due once the items are ready to ship (approximately 3-4 weeks after closing the orders).

I currently have this buy set up in the 997 GT3 forums and was closing it on 10/14/2011 at 11:59PM PST. If there are a lot of interests here, I'll extend it for the 997 forums. Again, I am not in the business of making these but seeing a lot of people have the same concern as me and are interested, I'd love to make some for you guys, but I am only making this as a one time thing and I'm not in the business of making these.

If you are interested, please put down your username below with how many pairs you would like and color (please copy the list prior to you so to help keep it organized and easy to follow). If you've already expressed interest in the other thread, please keep your name off here as I've already got you down, thanks!

Also, with the suggestions of other members, I'm working on a headrest protector as well! More information will follow tonight.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:15 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

One set for me:

Henry Woo (jupjai@yahoo.ca)
Old 10-11-2011, 04:46 AM
YseanY
Instructor

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
One set for me:

Henry Woo (jupjai@yahoo.ca)
gotcha!

01. JUPJAI - 1pr Charcoal
Old 10-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

I applaud you for such nice work!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm very careful getting in and out of my sport seats and rarely have passengers so wear in that area isn't an issue for me. But I have to say you've come up with a very creative and nicely done solution.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:58 AM
YseanY
Instructor

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I applaud you for such nice work!
Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I'm very careful getting in and out of my sport seats and rarely have passengers so wear in that area isn't an issue for me. But I have to say you've come up with a very creative and nicely done solution.
Thanks guys!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:43 PM
YseanY
Instructor

Here is the headrest covers for those that are interest! there will be 2 velcros that run through the harness holes to secure it to the seat.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:28 AM
YseanY
Instructor

Alright guys, here is the final design/fit of the headrest protectors (it fits very snuggly and looks alright). I'll need to keep this item in the same thread so if we could start a new list here.

If we only have under 10 people for this item, the cost would be $65 per headrest, if we can get more than 10 people, I can do this at $55 per headrest. If you've ordered the bolster protectors, then there is no need for an additional deposit, I'll just add the cost to the balance of the order.

So far I have the below people intersted. Please include what color (black or charcoal). Thanks!

Old 11-23-2011, 05:36 PM
YseanY
Instructor

I just finished shipping ALL of the orders! Thank you everyone!

While making this run, I made a few extra sets just in case and I have the below left if anyone is interested or know of anyone would be interested.

Bolsters
4 pairs of charcoal
3 pairs of black

Headrest
1 black
Old 03-15-2012, 04:17 PM
reidmalips
Rennlist Member

I'm guessing that I'm (ahem) a little late to this party, but if you happen to have 1 charcoal bolster protector left, I'm in.

Quick Reply: Bolster and headrest protectors