Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage floors upgrade with industrial polymer - pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great choice Bruce. I have the exact same color palette in my garage. The epoxy was professionally put down in 2002, and we are entering our 10th year of heavy use. It still looks new and is a great product. I would recommend it heavily over RaceDeck. RaceDeck looks temporary to me, so would fail on the "fit-and-finish. I like my garage to look like a room in the house.

All the best.
-Blake
Old 02-09-2012, 02:23 PM
porscheman1963
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I built my house 11 yrs ago, I just used standard Home Depot put-together kitchen cabinets. These pictures were taken 3 years ago when I had the Premier Floor done so the cabinets have held up great considering we can get summers over 100 degrees and winters in the teens !! The Premier Cabinets are very nice though.

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Nice to get some good feedback from the field.
Care to share any pictures of the cabinets in your garage, assume they were done by PG too?

Thanks
Attached Images    
Old 02-09-2012, 03:44 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

So, how is this really different than *high quality* epoxy? I know some crap out of Home Depot do NOT hold up, specially under hot tires... but what about U-coat-it stuff that Jay Leno uses?
Old 02-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Mojo31
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexb76
So, how is this really different than *high quality* epoxy? I know some crap out of Home Depot do NOT hold up, specially under hot tires... but what about U-coat-it stuff that Jay Leno uses?
You can find a fair amount of info on the different coatings here: http://www.concretenetwork.com/produ...rete-coatings/

I have the polyaspartic polyurea coating like Bruce, but from a different contractor. We had it done last June when temps were in the mid to upper 90s. The work on our 3 year old 3-bay was done in one day and including diamond grinding. Within 12 hours we were walking on it and with two days were driving on it. The higher temps speed up the cure time. So far, so good.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:02 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojo31
You can find a fair amount of info on the different coatings here: http://www.concretenetwork.com/produ...rete-coatings/

I have the polyaspartic polyurea coating like Bruce, but from a different contractor. We had it done last June when temps were in the mid to upper 90s. The work on our 3 year old 3-bay was done in one day and including diamond grinding. Within 12 hours we were walking on it and with two days were driving on it. The higher temps speed up the cure time. So far, so good.

Thanks.

BTW, I love those garage cabinet, where did you get em and how much?
Old 02-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Mojo31
Racer

Originally Posted by alexb76
Thanks.

BTW, I love those garage cabinet, where did you get em and how much?
Gladiator welded cabinets. Pretty widely available, but I got them at Sears. I don't recall price, but watch sales.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:44 PM
PJorgen
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Nice to get some good feedback from the field.
Care to share any pictures of the cabinets in your garage, assume they were done by PG too?

Thanks
Yes, cabinets were done by PG as well. Sorry, don't have any pics.

Cabinets are pretty well-made, laminate over particle board, hung from the walls so they don't touch the floor anywhere. Shelves are about 1" thick and guaranteed to hold at least 100lbs. Hardware is all top quality. Countertop is 1.25" thick laminate with a very durable surface.

On the opposite side of the garage is an entire wall of 7' tall by 4' wide cabinets with pull-out shelves that my wife uses as a pantry - although I get one shelf. Upon initial installation I was not happy with the pull out shelves, not well finished. The guys at PG worked with me until I was completely satisfied.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by FiatCoupe
Looks great, the house looks like it would be rather nice as well :-)

Why do they split it the flooring into sections?
Thanks, see picture of house a few weeks before we moved in.

When the conctete floor was poured they scored those lines into the wet conctete.

Originally Posted by blake
Great choice Bruce. I have the exact same color palette in my garage. The epoxy was professionally put down in 2002, and we are entering our 10th year of heavy use. It still looks new and is a great product. I would recommend it heavily over RaceDeck. RaceDeck looks temporary to me, so would fail on the "fit-and-finish. I like my garage to look like a room in the house.

All the best.
-Blake
Ya the floor looks amazing see some pictures below.

Yes it's been pretty cold this week but finally the cars are back in the garages.

Originally Posted by PJorgen
Yes, cabinets were done by PG as well. Sorry, don't have any pics.

Cabinets are pretty well-made, laminate over particle board, hung from the walls so they don't touch the floor anywhere. Shelves are about 1" thick and guaranteed to hold at least 100lbs. Hardware is all top quality. Countertop is 1.25" thick laminate with a very durable surface.

On the opposite side of the garage is an entire wall of 7' tall by 4' wide cabinets with pull-out shelves that my wife uses as a pantry - although I get one shelf. Upon initial installation I was not happy with the pull out shelves, not well finished. The guys at PG worked with me until I was completely satisfied.
The PG contractor I used is now independant but seems to do a great job.
Attached Images    
Old 02-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Tango Foxtrot
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, gorgeous house and garage, congrats.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Mojo31
Racer

Great diggs!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:28 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like someone got some new wheels also !

I like the look with the new wheels Bruce.

Even have the Porsche crests perfectly aligned. Nice work.

You know how to live buddy !
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 292 Likes on 147 Posts

dont park an electric golf cart on it

acid eats it
Old 02-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 469 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Tango Foxtrot
Wow, gorgeous house and garage, congrats.
Cheers Tango

Great diggs!
Thanks

Originally Posted by RollingArt
Looks like someone got some new wheels also !

I'm like the look with the new wheels Bruce.

Even have the Porsche crests perfectly aligned. Nice work.

You know how to live buddy !
Thanks Phil, I'm rocking Dave's (aka Pissed Puppy) Carrera Sports and I have to say that 305 section in the rear looks great. Still I think I need some spacers and even then I may go back to silver (I'm going to get my original 19" Carrea Classics refinished, they are 6 years old now)

Originally Posted by Izzone
dont park an electric golf cart on it

acid eats it
Thanks for heads up.
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2012, 11:15 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Great looking house. Is that a 3 car garage or 4? Its hard to tell by the pics
Old 02-13-2012, 09:30 PM
79 911SC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Premier Garage did my floor as well. Fantastic results and the detail work they did matches yours. They also installed some cabinets for me at a later date and they did an excellent job with those too. They seemed expensive when I was writing the check, but after looking at the quality of work I feel like I got a good deal.

Quick Reply: Garage floors upgrade with industrial polymer - pictures