Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm ready for Race Season!! Just arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 01:56 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Wannabeproracer
Hi Ed,

I actually had a couple opportunities to use my new helmet on the track and go karting, I found the Arai design to be very comfortable and well constructed. Actually I believe each Arai helmet is finished by hand thus the cost is higher.

I have NOT had a chance to race with the helmet yet but I did install the HANS anchors. This helmet being predrilled, the HANS anchor install was super easy and looks great.

FWIW, I have owned OMP/AGV, Bell, Simpson (car racing) and Shoei (motorcycle) helmets. Shoei and Arai by far are the most comfortable for me, this is probably due to my weird head shape, I pretty much have a flat head.
Haha. Flat in which dimension?
I have a Bell which is quite comfortable (as much as a helmet can be comfortable, I guess). Was going to go that route again but having heard such great things about Arai, I had to give it a try.
Just wish they made the cheekpads interchangeable like they do in the considerably more expensive PED model. This would make the decision a no brainer.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:19 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Lol - pics of head please

My bell had some 2 thin foam strips around forehead under the lining. I removed one and the fit is now less tight with the head sock on and comfy. Don't think it affects helmet strength as it was only tax-glued to the liner. Still looking for a cool visor. Painting th helmet while you wait for season is a great mod

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...s-motif-2.html

Last edited by HiWind; 04-12-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Add
Old 04-18-2012, 03:05 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 137 Posts

Just got mine in the mail today. Haven't had a chance to wear it for any extended period of time, but it is pretty snug around the cheeks as I remembered it. Need to source a HANS. Then next stop.....paint

Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 AM
gonz911
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really nice equipment.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:12 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 865 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by Tcc1999
As my daughter says, "Meh!" Free info is free info some of it has value some of it doesn't; I could not possible care less whether you pay or not. I haven't contributed anything to this site other than selling a fellow member a car at about $6k under market - because he was a decent guy and a member. I wouldn't put words in his mouth but he might think $18 was worth it. Oh, I think I also saved someone a few thousand on a CA sales tax issue - I don't think he paid his $18 either and it didn't bother me a bit. This probably pales in comparison to what you've contributed but over time maybe I'll do better.
Good job! Adding value, right there. I definitely get my 18 bucks worth. Not sure I contribute 18 bucks worth though - so my guilt makes me pay
Old 04-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 816 Likes on 429 Posts

He can't be the Stig. I'm the Stig!
Old 04-18-2012, 07:44 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Wannabe....are you turning your GTS into a club racer or you have another car you are building to race in?

I do a lot of DE's in my GTS...few minor mod's to it most is safety...would love to do a few more things though.

I've been through various wheels, tires. brake pads and so forth for my GTS and alignment settings. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Quick Reply: I'm ready for Race Season!! Just arrived!