Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Played with my new Durametric reader tonight

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:02 AM
fontana302
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Couldn't reset steering angle sensor on mine either - 2010 997.2. Have pro version, it has a few bugs.

Couldn't save & back up config files successfully either, did successfully disable rear wing operation. That's why it's still a beta version of the software. Clears faults OK. Couldn't disable multi function steering wheel either.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, for a hyper-expensive 'pro' version it doesn't seem to be able to do a whole lot. Its been in beta for ever it seems.. are they even working on it.

If I need a version that doesn't do a lot but clear codes, the basic version fits the bill fine. All I really want is to be able to specifically set the reminder interval to a particular value for mileage and time.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:10 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by fontana302
Couldn't reset steering angle sensor on mine either - 2010 997.2. Have pro version, it has a few bugs.

Couldn't save & back up config files successfully either, did successfully disable rear wing operation. That's why it's still a beta version of the software. Clears faults OK. Couldn't disable multi function steering wheel either.
interesting. was tech support able to provide any assistance on how it can be resolved? or do they just tell to wait for 'beta' to become 'gamma'?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:37 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by utkinpol
interesting. was tech support able to provide any assistance on how it can be resolved? or do they just tell to wait for 'beta' to become 'gamma'?
I've not been able to get tech support to respond.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:38 AM
fontana302
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

No solution for the multi function wheel, a very mechanical process for the files, so much so I haven't bothered. In actuality the Pro version is very primitive, better off not getting for most. I got it because I changed to a fixed rear wing & removed my multi function wheel. Thought it would provid me with flexibility when I wanted to change back to original config over going to the dealer (that's why saving the configs was of interest to me).

Talk to vivid/softronic it's a bit flakey I've found as well. Been in Beta for a long while.

What we need is a cable & software to get serious like they do with BMW's.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fontana302
What we need is a cable & software to get serious like they do with BMW's.
Or Volkswagen / Audi. My VAGCOM, at $180 purchased many years ago, has served me very well over many cars.

Quick Reply: Played with my new Durametric reader tonight