Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Costco auto insurance ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 11:31 AM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Pay $900 on the carrera per year. Have a multi-car discount that applies only to my other two cars. Seems like I need to switch to one of the insurers noted here.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:29 AM
daberlin
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 12 Posts

I switched from Liberty Mutual to Costco about 8 months ago. I switched car, house, etc. I've had no experience with any claims, but unlike the post above (THIS topic is your first post, really??), I have found Costco customer service outstanding. And unlike the last five years of experience with Geico, Mercury, and Liberty Mutual, my rate actually went down a few bucks at my six month renual! I have to admit I like the yearly rate option with Liberty, but the apples for apples rate difference with Costco was worth trying them out. So far, I'm pleased. I'd say go for it.
Old 07-01-2014, 02:02 AM
Ezkill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I've had no experience with Costco, but have been quite happy with Mercury.
Mercury is good. Rates are the best I could find but I have yet to test their coverage. It's good to hear that they are quite reasonable when you do actually need them. I hope to never need them and it's been a good run for the last 20 years but we all have insurance for a reason.

My ONLY gripe with Mercury, and this might be across the board is that I'm constantly annoyed with them jacking my mileage. We have 5 cars, 2 drivers. My wife drives 6 miles a day. I drive 30. We NEVER even come close to using half of our allotted mileage per car. Every 6 months it's the same phone call and then they reduce it back to what I originally had it at. They claim to send out some mysterious mileage form that I've never seen in 3 years with them. Then because I don't fill out said mysterious form they arbitrarily add 2,000 miles per vehicle even though their records show we don't even come close on miles.

Minor annoyance but worth mentioning. I'm glad that when it comes to somethng serious they will step up to the plate.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:26 PM
wardrive
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 70 Posts

Geico. 15 minutes can save you up to 15%
Old 07-02-2014, 07:13 AM
MarkinMD
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Geico. Buying radar guns for law enforcement for more than 20 years. (Google "geico and radar" and see for yourself. I will NEVER give them a penny.)
Old 07-02-2014, 09:11 AM
JayRace
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkinMD
Geico. Buying radar guns for law enforcement for more than 20 years. (Google "geico and radar" and see for yourself. I will NEVER give them a penny.)
I'll second that. Geico had this master plan to increase speeding violations by donating speed enforcement equipment to police departments around the country, thus resulting in them being able to increase premiums. Brilliant.

I see this thread started several years back with Costco insurance as the topic. I've been using them for many years for cars and house and they(Ameriprise) are an excellent company to deal with. Not to mention I saved over $1k/yr moving from Allstate and got better coverage.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:43 PM
dasdman
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a friend that runs a body shop and can confirm that Geico fights almost every claim and wants to use only after market parts from China. Geico is owned by Brookshire Hathaway and Warren Buffet like to make profit!!

I have been with AAA since I was 16 and got a drivers license, 39 years ago. Have always been impressed with the claim process. I do check every few years but nobody beats the price I now pay. I may check with Costco and see, since there are a few recommendations in this thread.

2009 Carrera S with AAA is $1K/year
Old 07-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Jake94526
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I switched to Ameriprise from Allstate about 6 years ago. I am 58, soon to be 59, no accidents or tickets in over 30 years. Saved over 800.00 a year by switching with 250.00 collision ded and 100 comp deductible for my 2006 Honda Ridgeline and my 2010 C4S. My wife also no tickets or accidents.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Schpee007
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do folks do for coverage of DE/autocross events? I'm assuming most carriers are like mine, USAA, and exclude these events from coverage.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:43 AM
JayRace
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Opps.. EDIT to delete.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:46 PM
MGibilisco
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had State Farm since birth, and they've continued to raise rates. Has anyone had any experience with Costco (Ameriprise) in regards to home/auto claims?

I've heard many stories lately here in the midwest about depreciating roofs and usable life span, etc with home claims from other insurance companies. I would prefer to pay more and get more in the event of a claim.

Quick Reply: Costco auto insurance ?