Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Seats not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The temperature put out would likely be determined by the current going through the system, assuming there is only one heating element circuit in the seats (as opposed two in parallel where they switch on one for warm, both for hot). So increasing the voltage applied over the fixed heating element resistance increases the current and increases the heat.

So anything that restricts the current - a bad connection, the switch/regulator to the heating element, etc. could cause some but not enough current to flow, thus the thing not to heat up properly. It would be informative (and less subjective vs hot enough for me vs you) if we could read the current levels running into the seats when the heating is on on low and high.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:44 PM
towney
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having an issue with the drivers side heated seat. When I push the button the red light comes on and then goes off, light does not stay on. Passenger side works.
Any thoughts on a solution/fix?
Old 01-08-2014, 10:54 PM
ddrxdd
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Adaptive Sport Seats w/ lumbar & they get HOT on high.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by towney
I'm having an issue with the drivers side heated seat. When I push the button the red light comes on and then goes off, light does not stay on. Passenger side works.
I'd guess some sort of monitoring/safety function is turning the seats off. Not sure why - maybe the seat is unplugged from the controller or there is a detected fault.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:10 PM
911searcher
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by towney
Probably a short.

Quick Reply: Heated Seats not working