Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011 | 11:38 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Default Car covers

Is there an indoor cover that DOES NOT LEAVE A "FILM" ON THE CAR.
Of all the covers I ahve tried, indoor and outdoor every one of them leaves a "film" of dust on the car.
I thought to put a thin clear plastic over the car and then the cover (on a clean car only) but what a PIA that would be.
Old 12-23-2011 | 11:40 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

I have 2. One from Porsche (silver) and one from Carnewal (black). Cover goes on in Oct./Dec. and comes off in March/May. No dust.

How well is your garage sealed?
Attached Images  
Old 12-23-2011 | 12:16 PM
okbarnett
Drifting

any one should not leave a film if it is inside, if it is outside the moisture will go thru all of them. if you are only inside, the cover must be dirty or the car was dirty to start.
Old 12-23-2011 | 12:37 PM
Fin Fever
Racer

Is it static electricity from the cover causing the layer of dust?
Old 12-23-2011 | 12:43 PM
bux996tt
Intermediate

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
I have 2. One from Porsche (silver) and one from Carnewal (black). Cover goes on in Oct./Dec. and comes off in March/May. No dust.

How well is your garage sealed?
Which do you prefer? Quality and fit? I was looking at both of those.
Old 12-23-2011 | 01:03 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Originally Posted by bux996tt
Which do you prefer? Quality and fit? I was looking at both of those.
They are both great. I use the silver Tequipment Porsche one for the Boxster. It's on its 6th winter hibernation. Works great.

For the Turbo I use the black cover from Carnewal (Gert). It was very expensive, but I wanted the Porsche crest, form fitting and choice of colors.
Old 12-23-2011 | 05:24 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

How about Dustop.........

Get a thin indoor car cover that's easy to store and custom-made for your vehicle. Using a US-manufactured Kimberly-Clark fabric, the Dustop indoor car cover is ideal for environments in which protection from dust is essential. The lightweight laminated four-layer poly-composite employs the same soft material used in baby diapers.

In addition to dust protection, the Dustop indoor car cover features fully breathable material that allows heat and moisture to escape. For extra versatility, the Dustop indoor car cover is equipped with grommets for a tie-down and your antenna.

Your Dustop indoor car cover is available in tan boasts a 4-year warranty.

I have used one for years with no problem.
Old 12-23-2011 | 05:47 PM
Fin Fever
Racer

Originally Posted by Harvey in FL
How about Dustop.........

Get a thin indoor car cover that's easy to store and custom-made for your vehicle. Using a US-manufactured Kimberly-Clark fabric, the Dustop indoor car cover is ideal for environments in which protection from dust is essential. The lightweight laminated four-layer poly-composite employs the same soft material used in baby diapers.

In addition to dust protection, the Dustop indoor car cover features fully breathable material that allows heat and moisture to escape. For extra versatility, the Dustop indoor car cover is equipped with grommets for a tie-down and your antenna.

Your Dustop indoor car cover is available in tan boasts a 4-year warranty.

I have used one for years with no problem.
That sounds awesome. Do you have any idea where I can buy one?
Old 12-23-2011 | 06:04 PM
Harvey in FL
Instructor

Lots of places sell them.....google for "Dustop".... maybe someone is having a sale or offering free shipping.

Happy Holiday's
Old 12-23-2011 | 09:32 PM
NC 997
Rennlist Member

I'm using a Superweave cover from California Car Covers. It wasn't cheap, but then neither was the car. My cover is good for indoor or outdoor coverage.

They offer a multitude of materials (and prices) to fit any storage situation and wallet.

http://www.calcarcover.com/default.aspx
Old 12-23-2011 | 10:37 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Owning a cabriolet changes the material that I can even consider for a cover. Most of the paint-friendly ones will leave lint on the car. So, I hunted for a cover that would work inside and outside that could never leave lint. Although I at first was not too keen on the cover, I have grown to better appreciate it. It is an outdoor cover from Griot's Garage. I had them put the reflective bead on it for night time protection. It washes well, and even can endure the dryer. Being made of space-age material, it doesn't break down over time like a conventional cloth one will.
Old 12-23-2011 | 10:38 PM
smokestack20
Instructor

Fin,
Bought a Covercraft Dustop from AutoAnything for $186 w/free shipping, June of this year.

I believe its about as cheap as you can get'em.

www.autoanything.com

Ken
Old 12-24-2011 | 12:57 AM
ELUSIVE
Rennlist Member

I have a Carnewal cover as well. Very much like it.
It has some fibers on it when I uncover it but they are very easy to get off and much much better than not being covered.

Quick Reply: Car covers