Sponsored by:

997 Electrical - fuse layout

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 01:07 AM
flex28
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 Electrical - fuse layout

I copied the pamphlet in the drivers side compartment showing the fuse diagram and layout. Yes, the English section. Where would be the most useful place to post this? I looked around and could not find this online or in my manual so, for 2006 C4S, here it is if I can just find a way to upload the pdf...its almost 3Mb as a pdf.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:18 AM
flex28
5th Gear

Here are jpg pages of fuse layout. Hope it helps as I could not find this anywhere else.
Attached Images    
Old 01-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Need4Speed12
2nd Gear

Would the 2006 C4S fuse layout be the same for 2006 C2S layout?

Thanks for your assistance
Old 08-30-2018, 11:02 AM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,254 Posts

Bump. Also, is this the same (or at least similar to) the layout for a 2005 C2 manual?
Old 01-18-2020, 02:48 PM
Zitrone
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flex28
Here are jpg pages of fuse layout. Hope it helps as I could not find this anywhere else.

Any one see a fuse that controls the trunk?
My battery is dead and I can't open the trunk with the + terminal
Old 01-18-2020, 03:06 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

What year/model is your 911?

double check that you are following the owners manual on this one. for my 997.2, after connection up the +, then t he negative, I use the remote fob, hold down the frunk button for approx. 2 seconds (not the switch by the seat).

Hope it is that easy for you.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:12 PM
Zitrone
Intermediate

Done all that.
2008 Carrera S

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...frunk-and.html
Old 01-19-2020, 05:45 PM
flex28
5th Gear

Probably not the fuse .
If you think it is , Have you checked Row A with a fuse checker ?

This is how I have opened the hatch with no power before :

1 - hook up external power/battery to + post at fuse box and neg to ground ( door post or per manual )
2 - be sure key is in and ON . It won't open if key is out and fob remote button isn't working .
You should see lights , radio , etc. working
3 - try drivers side door sill trunk release switch ( these switches break easily so be sure you use thumb & finger to be positive you have triggered the switch ) . Push it down into place then lift front while pushing down back of switch . Replace it if broken but vacuum it out if just sticky or feels jammed . Do Not force it .
4 - If switch won't open it
- try interior lock/unlock button on top center dash .. if it works your lock fuse is good .

Unlock it and
- check that your remote is working for lock functions ( linked ? battery good ? ) by trying to lock/unlock car with remote lock button
with doors open .
it should chirp on Lock ( Something is Open warning ) .
Get in , close doors , click LOCK on remote . If doors lock but you hear a " chirp " it means something is open , look for " trunk/ front hatch open " warning light on dash . If it is on then the hatch is popped but not all the way up ( which is barely an inch or so ) So see if you can lift it by hand an inch or so to get to manual hood release lever to left of center in front under hood when facing car from front . That lever can stick with cable all the way or lock itself can gunk up and stick so jiggle lever left and right to free up latch , then push it to full open and lift hood at same time .

As a last resort I have used the 9V battery plug-in device for the cigarette lighter socket . That is a 9V attached to a lighter plug for " emergency starts " , Walmart special or auto parts store . Bad idea for electrical systems to back feed them like this but it got me started or trunk open in emergencies .

If none of this works you will have to do the manual no-power front hood release procedure . That may be on Renn or at Pelican parts tech docs .

Best of luck .
Old 01-19-2020, 09:20 PM
Zitrone
Intermediate

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Originally Posted by flex28
Probably not the fuse .
If you think it is , Have you checked Row A with a fuse checker ?

Not yet

This is how I have opened the hatch with no power before :

1 - hook up external power/battery to + post at fuse box and neg to ground ( door post or per manual )

Done
2 - be sure key is in and ON . It won't open if key is out and fob remote button isn't working .

I have three keys. I can see each.
You should see lights , radio , etc. working

This was the case at first, but now I get nothing. The only thing that gets powered is the key release.
3 - try drivers side door sill trunk release switch ( these switches break easily so be sure you use thumb & finger to be positive you have triggered the switch ) . Push it down into place then lift front while pushing down back of switch . Replace it if broken but vacuum it out if just sticky or feels jammed . Do Not force it .

Most have told me the door sill switch won't work. They say to use the FOB. I've done both but I have yet to try the fob with one key in the ignition.
4 - If switch won't open it
- try interior lock/unlock button on top center dash .. if it works your lock fuse is good .

I'll do that next. But, it's 17 deg here now.

Unlock it and
- check that your remote is working for lock functions ( linked ? battery good ? ) by trying to lock/unlock car with remote lock button
with doors open .
it should chirp on Lock ( Something is Open warning ) .
Get in , close doors , click LOCK on remote . If doors lock but you hear a " chirp " it means something is open , look for " trunk/ front hatch open " warning light on dash . If it is on then the hatch is popped but not all the way up ( which is barely an inch or so ) So see if you can lift it by hand an inch or so to get to manual hood release lever to left of center in front under hood when facing car from front . That lever can stick with cable all the way or lock itself can gunk up and stick so jiggle lever left and right to free up latch , then push it to full open and lift hood at same time .

As a last resort I have used the 9V battery plug-in device for the cigarette lighter socket .
I tried one of those.

That is a 9V attached to a lighter plug for " emergency starts " , Walmart special or auto parts store . Bad idea for electrical systems to back feed them like this but it got me started or trunk open in emergencies .

If none of this works you will have to do the manual no-power front hood release procedure . That may be on Renn or at Pelican parts tech docs .

Best of luck . Thanks
Old 01-20-2020, 09:02 AM
Joehatz
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

Try plugging in a battery maintainer to the cigarette lighter or auxiliary power supply and leaving on for 24 -36 hours.
This should put enough power in the battery to open the trunk as long as the battery will take a charge.
This worked for me on a 997.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:10 AM
Zitrone
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Joehatz
Try plugging in a battery maintainer to the cigarette lighter or auxiliary power supply and leaving on for 24 -36 hours.
This should put enough power in the battery to open the trunk as long as the battery will take a charge.
This worked for me on a 997.
tried that. It gives all the correct lights at first but quits after a minute or two. (Amber Fault light )
should I leave it plugged in anyway?
Old 01-20-2020, 09:27 AM
swingwing
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts

I think your battery has a major fault that's blocking attempts to electrically open the frunk. If it were me, I'd take off the left front wheel and start looking for the manual release wire. Once you get it open remove the battery and take it to an Interstate store for a thorough check.

Last edited by swingwing; 01-20-2020 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Added sentence.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:28 AM
Zitrone
Intermediate

Originally Posted by swingwing
I think your battery has a major fault that's blocking attempts to electrically open the frunk. If it were me, I'd take off the left front wheel and start looking for the manual release wire.

Jack and tow lug are in the frunk.
Old 01-20-2020, 09:37 AM
swingwing
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts

If you can't borrow a jack go buy one. The lug bolts are 19mm save for the lock lug. Try contacting someone in local PCA chapter or an independent repair shop to source one. Here's someone else's Plan B:

Last edited by swingwing; 01-20-2020 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Added link to video.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:34 AM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Zitrone
Jack and tow lug are in the frunk.
If you were inclined to share your location, some of us enjoy a challenge, and meeting fellow struggling Porsche fanatics.

If you have access to a "dumb" battery charger, you might try it for a day or two through the cig lighter

Quick Reply: 997 Electrical - fuse layout