Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROTtec Front LEDs Installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:03 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Was there a fix on this? I have been watching this thread very close and i am questioning ROTtec's credibility at this point. Here are my reasons:

1. On November 7th 2011 i started communicating with Ray asking him about LED's availability on the 997 TT. On November 8th 2011 Ray responds back with an email stating that they do not carry replacement currently for the 997 TT but they can modify them if i send my current lights to him for $800. On that same date i respond to his email with couple of questions making sure that if i send my lights in i want to make sure i receive the same lights back since my front 997 TT lights are practically brand new. He replies and tells me that i will get my lights back and reassures me that these are plug and play.

On that same date again i respond and tell Ray that i do not mind waiting 8-10 weeks since i store the Turbo in the winter anyway.

2. That was the last i heard from Ray.

3. I send another E-mail on 11/13 asking for a status.

4. He replies the very next day with a photo

5. I immediately reply on that same day stating "How do i proceed"?

6. On 11/18 i send Ray another Email

7. On 12/16 i send another email since i get no response from Ray

8. I figured i will send him another one before the holidays and leave him alone for the holidays and i will follow up with him in January.

9. Yesterday i send another email @ 3:24 pm EST and still no response.

10. Ray, if you are reading this i only need to know if you will be offering the 997 TT LED's. If not just say so since i would like to know how to proceed.

I have no idea what has happened but i know if i treat my customers this way it would not be long until i would lose each and one of them. Ray, i hope i get a response from you.

Thank you,

John
Old 01-10-2012, 04:54 PM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant help you out but i can try:

I must tell you that ray has been more than amazing with all my orders from him. He came thru everytime and once a mestake was made he fixed it in the most professional of manners.

He is a good person to do business with and I think numerous people on the forum would agree. The problem with his DRL's has been sorted out very well in my eyes, Im not sure about the turbo ones but im sure he will get back to you. Maybe your emails are going to a junkmail folder by mestake somehow??
I dont know and Its not really any of my business but I just wanted to try to help so when I send him a email today on my order I will link the thread and see if he can sort it out.

best of lluck

Last edited by lopro; 01-10-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

I am getting an error message - 'check right front light' when I run the ROTtec fog/DRLs. Any thoughts on why and how to correct this? The message clears in a few seconds, but returns with the annoying chime over and over again as I drive. Thanks,
Vince
Old 11-07-2012, 07:28 PM
kev_song
Instructor

Good luck getting support from Ray. I put in a warrantee claim with him this past August for fogged light. After repeated attempts to get a replacement I've given up. He's pretty responsive when you want to spend money, but when I had a problem I haven't head boo. I hope you have better luck.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:35 PM
997driver
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
I am getting an error message - 'check right front light' when I run the ROTtec fog/DRLs. Any thoughts on why and how to correct this? The message clears in a few seconds, but returns with the annoying chime over and over again as I drive. Thanks,
Vince
Contact Ray for the in-line resistor. I had the same error, and just plugged in the resistor and the problem never came back again.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997driver
Contact Ray for the in-line resistor. I had the same error, and just plugged in the resistor and the problem never came back again.
Thanks, will do!

Old 11-07-2012, 11:16 PM
MFank
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
Vince
I started getting this message back in July after using the lights for about 10 months. The center light tube light is burned out, it is not a resistor issue. I have been trying to get a warranty replacement with Rottec for about 4 months now & they keep stalling and giving excuses, won't return emails etc.

I am VERY disappointed w/ Rottec and will never buy another product from them again.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:17 PM
MFank
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kev_song
Good luck getting support from Ray. I put in a warrantee claim with him this past August for fogged light. After repeated attempts to get a replacement I've given up. He's pretty responsive when you want to spend money, but when I had a problem I haven't head boo. I hope you have better luck.
I'm having the same problem with Ray.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MFank
I started getting this message back in July after using the lights for about 10 months. The center light tube light is burned out, it is not a resistor issue. I have been trying to get a warranty replacement with Rottec for about 4 months now & they keep stalling and giving excuses, won't return emails etc.

I am VERY disappointed w/ Rottec and will never buy another product from them again.
Both my center light tubes are functioning - I am going to call them today.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Doug_B_928
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

My lights work fine and no error codes. But, since putting them on I've noticed that when I turn the key my lights do not always dip and auto level. I asked Ray to send me the resistors (since I was part of the first buy that didn't come with the resistors), thinking that maybe somehow that would help. My understanding is that they are inexpensive, so thought it wouldn't hurt to try. He said he's going to investigate on a customer's car, but I haven't heard anything since. Anyone else here noticed this? Should the autoleveling lights dip and level at every start-up? My other cars with autoleveling lights seem to do it at every start-up.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Called and left a message. Got a return call from Veronica, who indicated she was going to run this by the engineers and probably send resistors. Let's see what happens.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wondering if those here that had issues/challenges with getting warranty replacement or follow up from retailer have had any resolution. Please advise.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:06 AM
MFank
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Musclehedz101
Just wondering if those here that had issues/challenges with getting warranty replacement or follow up from retailer have had any resolution. Please advise.
No resolution yet from Rottec. I last heard from them on Oct 18th.

"There are a little delay due to the holidays over at the factory. I do apologize for any incontinence. [sic] I did sent check up emails to them every few days, but because of the holidays they are not very responsive. However, the latest email I got from them is the replacement is ready for QCs and will be sent out as soon as possible."
Old 11-13-2012, 11:19 PM
kev_song
Instructor

MFrank, you're lucky to get a response. I haven't heard from them in over two months. Extremely disappointed wit Rottec. I will never buy from them again.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:44 AM
MFank
Rennlist Member

kev_song, what light is fogged? If your passenger side is good, I'll buy it from you or I'll sell you my drivers side. At least one of us might have a good set.

Quick Reply: ROTtec Front LEDs Installed