Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cocomats
Old 12-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Weather Tech usually ships with the mats a little plastic bag with the plastic anchoring hooks. The mats have a preformed hole on either side that you have to punch out to latch on to the hooks.
My weathertech mats didn't come with the anchors, and they sent them to me recently. Once I had them I noticed they only sent a pair (2) of anchors, not 4 that would be needed to anchor both front driver and passenger seats. But thats fine since the drivers seat is the more important issue.

What the punchout point is on the mat wasn't obvious to me, so I picked a place at the back.. and thus cut the anchors a bit so I could place them as far back on the floor as possible (up against where the carpet rises up to go under the seat ).
Old 12-08-2011, 08:13 PM
NC 997
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm using Weathertech floor liners. They provide max protection for the carpet, and they stay put. They aren't real pretty, but then I don't have to worry about my heel wearing a hole through the driver's side liner like I would with a stock mat.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:55 AM
J. Kid
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NC 997
I'm using Weathertech floor liners. They provide max protection for the carpet, and they stay put. They aren't real pretty, but then I don't have to worry about my heel wearing a hole through the driver's side liner like I would with a stock mat.
+1 for the Weather tech floor liner. Covers so much more of the floor compared to the stock mats. A great choice for a daily driver especially in the snow belt. The liner has a nice big lip to capture melted snow.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

If you actually drive your Porsche you need something durable that looks good. As an old time Porsche guy I found years ago that Cocomats are superb for providing incredible durability and reasonable looks. Their durability has improved significantly since the 1970s. They are backed with heavy rubber and nothing gets through them like the early Cocomats allowed. Check them out. They come in many colors.

http://www.cocomats.com/
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: floor mats