Sponsored by:

floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Default floor mats

anyone have good luck with a particular brand of aftermarket mats? To be honest, my brother wants an aftermarket mat for his Ferrari F430, as the originals are expensive and, most importantly, suck. If there is an aftermarket brand that people here reccomend, I am thinking of getting a replacement set for my C4S, although I am satisfied with the original OEM Porsche mats. Just exploring. Thanks!

Last edited by Mbiondo; 11-08-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:28 PM
kevspada
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had Weather Tech winter mats in my VW and they worked great.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:23 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbiondo
anyone have good luck with a particular brad of aftermarket mats? To be honest, my brother wants an aftermarket mat for his Ferrari F430, as the originals are expensive and, most importantly, suck. If there is an aftermarket brand that people here reccomend, I am thinking of getting a replacement set for my C4S, although I am satisfied with the original OEM Porsche mats. Just exploring. Thanks!
Lloyds mats (fabric), Cocoa mats, rubber (Weathertech and Porsche). I've had both Weathertech and the Porsche rubber mats and prefer the Porsche. While I have Weathertech on other cars, the Porsche seem to be harder rubber compound and wear better. Suncoast has them. http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...y_Code=997mats
Old 11-08-2011, 01:54 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

WHY? Nothing's as good as OEM, I got a set on sale from Suncoast at an amazing price! Maybe get the winter rubber ones for winter and swap em, that's what I do!

PS. You're in luck! Floor mats on sale
http://www.suncoastparts.com/category/floor.html
Old 11-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Mbiondo
Pro

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah, that's what I thought. For Porsche, I think it's a no brainer-- the factory mats are really good and the price is reasonable. As for my brother's F430, I will take a look at Lloyds. Like I said, the Ferrari OEM are really expensive and suck (a double negative that don't equal to a positive!). I didn't think of WeatherTech, but I thought they only make the rubber and plastic winter stuff. I have them on our Touareg, and they're great, but I don't think that's what my brother had in mind for his F430. The only foul weather that thing is being subject to is "breezy with partially cloudy skies".
Old 11-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The Weathertech mats hold more water, evergreen needles, etc. which can matter if you are in areas where mud and snow are an issue in the winter (and you actually drive your car in all weather). The Porsche ones don't have the storage capacity as they are mostly flat surface.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:26 PM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 142 Likes on 116 Posts

Yeah, but the Porsche mats DON'T STAY IN PLACE .(I hate that)
Old 11-08-2011, 07:04 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by dak911
Yeah, but the Porsche mats DON'T STAY IN PLACE .(I hate that)
Which mats? what do u do with em? I got both regular carpet mats and the rubber ones and they DO NOT move at all, even during tracking.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:59 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cocomats FTW
Old 11-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Fin Fever
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I got the lloyds mats made of carpeting with the porsche logo. I love how they look. they are thick and plush. also they stay in place much better than the original mats. Originals had velcro fasteners which did not work well. the Lloyds mats are fastened with 2 secure nylon snaps which attach to the seat tracks. they never shift, but can be easily removed for cleaning.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:53 AM
X51
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

+1 for Lloyds - variety to choose from - consistent quality.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:48 AM
sy308
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put in WeatherTech in my 997.1 but noticed the clutch was catching on tip of the mat. I wired it to the carpet below and no issue since. I like these for my cars because of daily use and they catch everything.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I do have an issue with the WeatherTech mats wandering forward, because of how I get in (I put my foot on the mat and use that foot and steering wheel to get myself into the car). The front of the mat ends up on top of the bottom of the gas pedal, and I'm constantly having to pull the drivers matt back once I sat down.

I emailed the company (McNeil) about this and they indicated they have an anchoring system for them and have sent them to me. Once the solution from the manufacturer arrives, I'll test it out and report back.

My previous solution with the VW rubber mats in my VW Golf was to glue a wide black velcro hook-side (2" wide) strip across the bottom of the mats where the feet normally sit, so the mats 'self anchor' in the carpet. Worked great. The WeatherTech mats have a waffle like bottom - so no flat surface against which to adhere velcro. Hence my request of the McNeil folks about their WeatherTech mats. If the anchor system works, it will be perfect.

Those mats have two indentations at the back edge (near the seat front) that the mats were clipped in at, when in the packaging/hanger they come with. That seemed like an ideal place to attache a mount that could somehow screw into the carpet. Whether that's what McNeil sent me is unknown.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Fin Fever
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Minok
I do have an issue with the WeatherTech mats wandering forward, because of how I get in (I put my foot on the mat and use that foot and steering wheel to get myself into the car). The front of the mat ends up on top of the bottom of the gas pedal, and I'm constantly having to pull the drivers matt back once I sat down.

I emailed the company (McNeil) about this and they indicated they have an anchoring system for them and have sent them to me. Once the solution from the manufacturer arrives, I'll test it out and report back.

My previous solution with the VW rubber mats in my VW Golf was to glue a wide black velcro hook-side (2" wide) strip across the bottom of the mats where the feet normally sit, so the mats 'self anchor' in the carpet. Worked great. The WeatherTech mats have a waffle like bottom - so no flat surface against which to adhere velcro. Hence my request of the McNeil folks about their WeatherTech mats. If the anchor system works, it will be perfect.

Those mats have two indentations at the back edge (near the seat front) that the mats were clipped in at, when in the packaging/hanger they come with. That seemed like an ideal place to attache a mount that could somehow screw into the carpet. Whether that's what McNeil sent me is unknown.

I still say that's a little Mickey Mouse compared to the totally nectar solution Lloyds has. They attach a nylon snap fastener to both seat tracks. then the mat snaps in place to that. there is no way it can slide forward, and it wont wear out the way that velcro does.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:32 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Minok

Weather Tech usually ships with the mats a little plastic bag with the plastic anchoring hooks. The mats have a preformed hole on either side that you have to punch out to latch on to the hooks.

Quick Reply: floor mats