Sponsored by:

what would you pay for this turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 09:24 PM
keithwatson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would you pay for this turbo

Just curious what you guys think is a fair price on a 2011 turbo with manual 6 speed. It is GT silver, cocoa interior with deviated stitching in white, additional leather package with additional leather tid bits, PTV, adaptive sports seats, dynamic cornering lights, turbo II wheels with colored crests. It has 3400 miles. MSRP was $152K. I bought this car new in April, but miss the feel of rear wheel drive--I think I had more fun driving my C2S. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,267 Likes on 585 Posts

Hmmm... Can you adjust the drive system to favour the rear wheels more? Sounds like an awesome car but I do know what you mean about the 4 wheel drive steering feel. Sure - may feel more planted but not as fun as the C2S.

Pics? You've GOT to show us pictures! Interior and exterior please...
Old 10-22-2011, 03:17 PM
OhioLefty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken but I saw a C4S test drive on YouTube with a factory rep and he said you can "disengage" the front wheel drive on a C4S by pulling up on the e-brake handle "one click". I asked a Porsche salesperson if he ever heard any truth to that and he said "yes". Might work on the Turbos also. Maybe a little known easter egg of sorts?

Seems like an easy way to have your cake and eat it too if it does work that way.

Day 70 of my search for my first Porsche C4S 997.2 ... (I'm close!)

Last edited by OhioLefty; 10-22-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:31 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by keithwatson
Just curious what you guys think is a fair price on a 2011 turbo with manual 6 speed. It is GT silver, cocoa interior with deviated stitching in white, additional leather package with additional leather tid bits, PTV, adaptive sports seats, dynamic cornering lights, turbo II wheels with colored crests. It has 3400 miles. MSRP was $152K. I bought this car new in April, but miss the feel of rear wheel drive--I think I had more fun driving my C2S. Thanks.
Personally I will not consider a DFI engine until there is evidence that the EGR intake valve coating, and intake manifold itsself, has been solved/resolved. I'm guessing we will soon see the use of a throttle body fuel injector, or 2, to alleviate this problem.

Lexus seems to be avoiding the intake valve problem via the use of both SFI and DFI injection.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:32 PM
wwest
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Hmmm... Can you adjust the drive system to favour the rear wheels more? Sounds like an awesome car but I do know what you mean about the 4 wheel drive steering feel. Sure - may feel more planted but not as fun as the C2S.

Pics? You've GOT to show us pictures! Interior and exterior please...
There is a time for fun and a time for SAFE.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:34 PM
wwest
Drifting

Originally Posted by OhioLefty
Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken but I saw a C4S test drive on YouTube with a factory rep and he said you can "disengage" the front wheel drive on a C4S by pulling up on the e-brake handle "one click". I asked a Porsche salesperson if he ever heard any truth to that and he said "yes". Maybe a little known easter egg of sorts?

Seems like an easy way to have your cake and eat it too if it does work that way.

Day 70 of my search for my first Porsche C4S 997.2 ... (I'm close!)
Might be true of later C4S models (2010/+[?]) that use the Ford(Saab) Escape originated electro-magnetic clutch. PWM duty cycle is used to control the level of coupling in accordance with overall conditions. Absent the e-brake function working one could simply add a switch to open the clutch circuit. You might have to switch in an equivalent resistor to avoid a CE.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:09 AM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 352 Likes on 183 Posts

Probably 110-120K for that car. And dropping fast.

Quick Reply: what would you pay for this turbo